Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Me & Mrs.Freebird: 2 archery turkeys

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Me & Mrs.Freebird: 2 archery turkeys

Postby Freebird134 » 05 19, 2015 •  [Post 1]

My wife decided she wanted to try hunting this year, and got a turkey tag. Opening morning she missed 3 inside 15 yards with her bow (she's using a Magnus Bullhead and shooting for their heads). I guess she got a little gobbler fever shooting at live animals! But we did catch it on video. I mounted a wifi GoPro on a tree in front of our blind, and you can see her arrow missing these birds in the screen shot. We recovered a couple tail feathers from the one on the left, and have seen him hanging around--he has a noticeable triangle notch in his tail feathers from her broad head!

Day 2 a nice tom stayed out at 17 yds, but she was too rattled from the first day to take a shot past 15. Day 3 we didn't have a babysitter, so I had to stay home with our son. Around 9am she texted me: "I shot a jake!"

My season started the next week, and opening day I passed on jakes but couldn't get one of the many long beards to give me a shot. Day 2 this guy gave me a shot at 25 and I punched my tag. #18 and just shy of 11" beard.

Good year for our family!

Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Re: Me & Mrs.Freebird: 2 archery turkeys

Postby GobbleFarmer » 05 20, 2015 •  [Post 2]

Congrats to you and the Mrs. great job. :)
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ~ Benjamin Franklin.
GobbleFarmer

Re: Me & Mrs.Freebird: 2 archery turkeys

Postby ElkNut1 » 05 25, 2015 •  [Post 3]

Hey Brandon, thanks! Those misses by the misses build character! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul