Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

For aches and pains

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

For aches and pains

Postby saddlesore » 01 16, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Not exactly gear,but this doesn't fit anywhere else.

For all you seniors who have those aches and pains from arthritus or just muscle soreness try some Sombra Warm Therapy gel or the Cool Therapy Gel.

The Warm Therapy is great for arthritic joints and the Cool Therapy is great for general muscle aches and pains. Neither burns and has an offending odor. After 10-15 minutes, I can't smell anything.

A chiropractor turned me on to it after twisting my neck around to get it back in shape.The Warm really helps my shoulders and the Cool fixes my back right up after I do something stupid . Some chiropractors carry it,but usually in a 4 ounce container. I get it from Amazon fro about $13 + shipping.

Try it after you get back on camp at night and things stiffen up or even around home. Great stuff. I have no financial interest in it,but have seen where several on this forum have complained about aches and pain.s
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Re: For aches and pains

Postby Elkduds » 01 16, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Another non-Rx pain reliever. 5# of bird seed in a pillowcase. Microwave it for 4-5 min until warm-hot. Don't burn it, it will stink. Put it where it hurts. Alternate w icepack if you like. Use it as often as you like, it never wears out :) Not sure how to heat it absent a microwave.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 01 16, 2017 •  [Post 3]

I tried the Sombra at Saddlesores reccomendation a week or so ago (tried the roll on not the salve). Really seems to help!
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby >>>---WW----> » 01 17, 2017 •  [Post 4]

The best I've found is DMSO. You'll find it in your local Farm & Ranch store. It really penetrates. Put it on your toe and it will give you garlic breath. Only trouble is my wife knows when I use it by my breath. She is against it because doctors won't recommend it. But horse vets sure will. It comes in spray or roll on. I'd recommend the spray. And don't dare rub it in or it will feel like a million little needles are sticking you all at once.

I'll give the Sombra a try if I can find it.
>>>---WW---->

Postby saddlesore » 01 17, 2017 •  [Post 5]

I tried the DMSO.It's hard get into into a shared bed with it.Wife said go sleep downstairs
saddlesore

Postby longspeak74 » 01 17, 2017 •  [Post 6]

My lady was able to find one of those electro-pulse meters that the chiropractors use. Found it on QVC. I put it on my shoulders, knees and back...works like a champ, plus it's battery operated. Will be coming with me this September!
longspeak74

Postby saddlesore » 01 17, 2017 •  [Post 7]

longspeak74 wrote:My lady was able to find one of those electro-pulse meters that the chiropractors use. Found it on QVC. I put it on my shoulders, knees and back...works like a champ, plus it's battery operated. Will be coming with me this September!

TENS unit. They work.I wore one back when you had to have a perscription and they cost $400. I wore it for about 2 years , every day cranked up to high, on my back.

Short story,
The day after I had to quit work because of bad back , a rocky mountain bighorn sheep tag arrived in the mail.This was 20 + year wait to draw one.

That fall,I loaded up a mule and drove around to the west side of Pikes Peak. I cranked the TENS unit to the highest setting and packed in. Sheer agony the entire time. I finally put down a nice sheep, 7/8 ths curl on both sides. Would have been full except for the brooming.I was sitting there trying to figure out how to get it upon the mule besides cutting it into little pieces when a young fellow who was hiking and had watched me, came up and loaded the panniers.He helped me back to camp and pack everything back to the truck.

The TENs unit works by interupting nerve signals and overrides them. All you can feel is a numbing tingle. It can also help strengthen muscles and can deliver quite a shock if you are not expecting it. I wore it for 22 months for an inoperable cyst inside my spine . The doc said the electric pulse help circulation and finally dissolved the cyst and I was able to return to work
saddlesore

Postby longspeak74 » 01 18, 2017 •  [Post 8]

I love that little machine!
longspeak74

Postby ferris bugler » 01 19, 2017 •  [Post 9]

Here is Colorado we use CBD's.
ferris bugler

First Name: rewk
Last Name: patten

Postby Lefty » 01 20, 2017 •  [Post 10]

Ive never liked the rub on ointments. I have used those chemical heat packs. I also have a Gerbling layout heat pad. But my dog wife or kids use it more than me
However I just like a good comfortable and warm sleep, with Advil PM.
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby husky390 » 01 20, 2017 •  [Post 11]

I like Scotch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
husky390
Wapiti Hunting - Logistics Consultant

First Name: Dave
Last Name: B

Postby Kessler10 » 01 21, 2017 •  [Post 12]

this sounds like a perfect thread for my dad. Always trying to find ways to keep his body right to come with me on my hunts.

Love being the young guy, although I do feel things starting to catch up with me at 34.

I know I know,

you guys are like
"34................. your still a pup" right????? :cry:

Its weird, more of my close friends are baby bombers......than millennials or generation Xers....alwasy seem to have more in common with you bombers. Especially in hunting circles.
Kessler10

First Name: Luke
Last Name: Kessler

Postby Kessler10 » 01 21, 2017 •  [Post 13]

Kessler10 wrote:this sounds like a perfect thread for my dad. Always trying to find ways to keep his body right to come with me on my hunts.

Love being the young guy, although I do feel things starting to catch up with me at 34.

I know I know,

you guys are like
"34................. your still a pup" right????? :cry:

Its weird, more of my close friends are baby bombers......than millennials or generation Xers....alwasy seem to have more in common with you bombers. Especially in hunting circles.

Meant boomers....not bombers....dam auto spell check.
Kessler10

First Name: Luke
Last Name: Kessler

Postby saddlesore » 01 22, 2017 •  [Post 14]

One of the best things to do when you get back into camp is to take two aspirins and a few Tums .By the time you are done eating, you will feel a lot better.The Tums will neutralize any acid build up in the blood. The aspirin for aches and pains. Of course us old farts are usually on a low dose aspirin regime so we dispense with aspirin. Learn this from a survival expert at the Air Force Academy
saddlesore