Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

New binos

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

New binos

Postby 82ndreddevil » 01 19, 2019 •  [Post 1]

this last January deer hunt made it clear to me that I need to upgrade my binos as my buddy and I were trying to spot deer in their beds. I really like the quality, price range and the warranty you get with Vortex. I have tried out the diamondback 10x42 and love them. I have not yet looked through the Crossfires. Same specs but costs less. Has anyone used the crossfires and have any feedback that can say if it’s as good as diamondbacks or not? Thank you all for any replies.
82ndreddevil

Re: New binos

Postby Lsb » 01 19, 2019 •  [Post 2]

My kids have vortex, seems like pretty decent glass. I will say they do stand by their warranty. I bought a rifle scope that wouldn't bore sight out of the box. Called and they had me try a few things then said yep it's defective, we'll get one out to you today, no charge. Send that bad one back.
Lsb

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 01 20, 2019 •  [Post 3]

If you are looking at the Diamondbacks, I'd really recommend waiting to build up an extra 2-300 dollars and buying something like a Monarch 7, a Maven C series, the Vortex Vipers, or something else. I used the Diamondbacks for 8-10 years, but by year 4 I was feeling the limits of their capabilities and needed new binos.

I actually finally bought a high end pair the other day through LL Bean, which has a 25% off sale from now through the 22nd. You can get the Monarch 7's for $375 right now! They have a year return policy too in case you don't like the ergonomics, or the view through the glass. But that sale ends in two days!
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby Fridaythe13th » 01 20, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Binoculars are easy. Spend as much as you can afford. I have bought 4 pairs of binos in my life my only regret is I should have only bought 1 pair. I ended up finding a pair of new in the box vortex razors in the bargain cave at cabelas for $825. Now I'm done buying glass.
Fridaythe13th

First Name: Eric
Last Name: S

Postby 82ndreddevil » 01 21, 2019 •  [Post 5]

Thanks for the feedback guys!
82ndreddevil

Postby Tigger » 01 21, 2019 •  [Post 6]

I have been extremely happy with my Leupold products. And I also love their support of firearm safety instructors and conservation issues.
Tigger

Postby Indian Summer » 01 22, 2019 •  [Post 7]

Check out Steiner too. Great German glass without the price. Really good warranty too.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro