Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Gear Review - Clip Shot

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Gear Review - Clip Shot

Postby Tigger » 02 05, 2019 •  [Post 1]

I have been wanting to do this one for a while as I really like this product. It is also one of those products that resulted in me upping my entire picture taking game beyond that of just how I use this product.

1. Product information
Specifications: Clip Shots are cell phone/camera holders that attach to most anything. They have a clamp that attaches to anything approximately 3/4" or smaller in diameter. They weigh almost nothing (about an ounce I think).

2. Product Review: Trying to be in the picture you are trying to take can really be a pain. But with a Clip Shot, you can attach it to a branch, knife stuck in a tree, hiking pole, tailgate cable (yes, I have done all of those). You then set the timer on your camera/phone and can get in the picture. While hunting alone, this is your only option. If hunting with a partner or partners, you can now all be in the picture. You can set it low, high or whatever and that really adds to the picture. Durability: I have been using them for 3 years. Both of mine could be sold as new. Applicability: I bought these for hunting, but I have used them for a lot of non-hunting pictures as well. We use them for family pictures a lot. Cost: The Clip Shot sells for $19.95 and if you buy it with the Smart Shot (the cell phone adapter) it is $23.95. I recommend both. I look at it this way. If you use this product 1 time and get a good picture you otherwise would not have had, it has paid for itself.

3. Conclusion: Using a Clip Shot has changed how I take pictures and the result is I take more pictures. Now all the people there can be in the picture. For anybody doing an elk hunt (or any kind of backcountry endeavor) this is a no brainer.

Full Disclosure: Clip Shot is a sponsor of this site and I have met the owner. You will not find a nicer person than Lyn the owner. He runs this business out of his house so this is not a big business; you are supporting a guy chasing his dream out of his garage. He builds a great product and will stand behind it if you have any issues.
Tigger

Re: Gear Review - Clip Shot

Postby Elkhntr08 » 02 05, 2019 •  [Post 2]

I agree completely, best $20 item I ever bought.
Only bad thing about it is I wonder why I didn’t come up with it!
Elkhntr08

Postby Clip-Shot » 02 27, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Tigger wrote:I have been wanting to do this one for a while as I really like this product.

Elkhntr08 wrote:I agree completely, best $20 item I ever bought.

Thank You!!!

I truly appreciate someone taking time to do things like this.
Your words likely prompted a sale today headed for Colorado.

It is true, I stand behind what I make 100%.

Thanks Again!
Clip-Shot
Site Sponsor

First Name: Lyn
Last Name: Wilson

Postby ishy » 02 28, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Love mine. I am one of those guys that loves to video too. For years I have tried all sorts of treepods, flexible tripods, etc...to get a good kill shot on film. The clip shot however is always in my camera bag (hand warmer that is on my waist whenever I am in the woods). This year if you read my bear story I had a bear not exit the tree above the bait while I was baiting. After giving it more than enough opportunity to scram I finally hiked to my rig and got my bow. I was baiting for a buddy and wasn't planning on hunting that day. I had the camera and a clip shot with me and got my best kill shot to date thanks to the clip shot! Never would have happened without it. Its ironic how many times I have attempted to get a good shot on film and I got it the day I wasn't even trying. I love having such a handy device on hand whenever I need it. Oh the video is almost done. I got two kill shots solo, both with the clip shot.
ishy

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L

Postby ishy » 02 28, 2019 •  [Post 5]

WP_20180613_1802.jpg
WP_20180613_1802.jpg (605.6 KiB) Viewed 3204 times

Here's a pic.
ishy

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L

Postby jmez » 02 28, 2019 •  [Post 6]

Best hunting related purchase I've made in the last 10 years.
jmez

First Name: jason
Last Name: mez

Postby Indian Summer » 03 02, 2019 •  [Post 7]

Lyn... since I already have a Clip Shot can I buy just the phone mount?
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Clip-Shot » 03 02, 2019 •  [Post 8]

ishy wrote:Love mine.... I got two kill shots solo, both with the clip shot.

jmez wrote:Best hunting related purchase I've made in the last 10 years.

Thank You "ishy" & "jmez".

Customer Feedback is Priceless.
Clip-Shot
Site Sponsor

Postby Clip-Shot » 03 02, 2019 •  [Post 9]

Indian Summer wrote:Lyn... since I already have a Clip Shot can I buy just the phone mount?

Hi Joe,

Sure. (please PM me your email address)

Its true, I don't have the phone mount accessory listed separately on my little website.
Since the postage is nearly as much as the accessory, $4 + $3 -postage, I wasn't sure how that may affect a customer.

So, this is what I typically do when someone inquires about a phone mount:
Do you know someone who is interested, or perhaps would consider purchasing the Clip-Shot/Smart-Shot Combo as a gift?
If so, I suggest this for consideration.
I can easily include a second Smart-Shot and the postage is still $3.

Thank You
Clip-Shot
Site Sponsor