Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Catch and Release long sleeve T shirt

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Catch and Release long sleeve T shirt

Postby Lefty » 03 16, 2019 •  [Post 1]

I was looking for a lightweight synthetic long sleeve T-shirt since our archery ek hunt where it hit above 90 degrees last September
I wanted a shirt to cover skin
All shirts that fit my wants cost $60 or more
I was speaking with the owner of Catch and Release who rightfully bragged about real word sizing then suggested I down size one size for archly hunting

I wore the shirt the smaller size fit perfect,

My pet piece regarding many shirts, they are too short to reach around my stomach with plenty of leagth to tuckin and stay ticked in Twenty dollars
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Catch and Release long sleeve T shirt

Postby Swede » 03 16, 2019 •  [Post 2]

I too have found that getting shirts, and all outer layers that are a little on the small size, reduces bagginess. This is important when shooting my bow as anything that touches the string, when it is released, will adversely affect arrow flight. That is why I prefer to be a little cold in my stand rather than bulk up with too much clothes to stay warm.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Catch and Release long sleeve T shirt

Postby Lefty » 03 17, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Swede wrote: That is why I prefer to be a little cold in my stand rather than bulk up with too much clothes to stay warm.

I dont lke to get cold so I dress to stay warm!!!
There is absolutely no reason to be cold while hunting, camping or working. Your fingers and nose ,.. well maybe.
Ive found few adults who dress appropriate for real long term conditions. When temps get low There is only a few guys Ill even goose hunt with anymore. For me the key is by most peoples standards: way over dress on the bottom .
That means a whole bunch of layers and warmer boots. If Im in a layout blind not moving,.. Ill wear winter packs or 2000 gm thinsulate boots in thirty degree weather.I wear bibs, no pants with multiple layers of wool and fleece long johns.
On top I may only have 3 or four thin layers.

But back to the Catch and Release shirt. 8 % spandex. With my body shape and the fit,.. I could wear it to Walmart :lol:
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H