Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

E-bikes

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

E-bikes

Postby ishy » 03 19, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Anyone try one of these yet? My wife did a photo shoot for a friend opening a store and they let me ride one. Scary how much one of these devils could help in the right area. Best of a pedal bike and motorcycle wrapped in one pricey package. Quiet, scent free, fast, light enough to lift over deadfall, etc...
ishy

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L

Re: E-bikes

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 03 19, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Man o man, I’ve seen these up close and they are very impressive! Legality varies greatly from state to state tho.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Lefty » 03 19, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Idaho is looking into new legislation. Prices start at $4K :shock: :shock:

I don't understand /why/how they aren't considered motorized!!! :?:
the salesman was telling (selling) me 20 miles in the most rugged terrain
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby ishy » 03 20, 2019 •  [Post 4]

I tried three, one actually started at 1200 and wasn't much bigger than a regular mountain bike. The 3500 dollar one looked more like a tank. The nonmotorized label depends on motor size. Can't remember but something around 40 or 50cc it qualifies as nonmotorized! I don't think I would ever test that one. I just know how I have felt on those trails sweating after hours of uphill pushing to have some scum bag blast by on a motorcycle. I know plenty of motorized trails that you couldn't manage a motorcycle on that one of these would make a big difference.
ishy

Postby VT Sasquatch » 03 20, 2019 •  [Post 5]

I am not familiar with them unless you are talking about pedal bikes with an electronic assist. Who is the manufacturer? I am curious about these (but broke, unfortunately). I have a DRZ400 set up for off road and a mountain bike. If I keep getting fat I may need one of these e bikes. :lol: I would worry about getting stranded with a dead battery though.

Awhile back I came across and add for a gas-powered mountain bike. It looked really cool. It was only around 50cc but weighed in around 100 pounds. Unfortunately, it was five or six thousand dollars.
VT Sasquatch

Postby VT Sasquatch » 03 20, 2019 •  [Post 6]

I was wrong, the bike I saw was a 125cc but 4 stroke. Here is a link: http://www.fxbikes.com/

They look like a lot of fun but there are not many legal places to ride at least around me.
VT Sasquatch

Postby ishy » 03 23, 2019 •  [Post 7]

Recon is the brand. We have logging roads forever up where I am. So something that is light weight enough to lift over deadfall or push around alder thickets that keep motorcycles away would be ideal.
ishy

Postby VT Sasquatch » 03 28, 2019 •  [Post 8]

VT Sasquatch

Postby ishy » 03 31, 2019 •  [Post 9]

Looks like Idaho the ones with pedal assist are considered bikes, if they have a throttle they are classified as motorized.
ishy