Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Budget Backpacking Gear - Get it all!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Budget Backpacking Gear - Get it all!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 24, 2019 •  [Post 1]

I was digging around on the EXO Mountain Gear site and saw that Mark and Steve created a blog on how to get everything one needs for a backcountry hunt at reasonable price! As we all know, its really easy to bust the bank if you're trying to get outfitted for off the grid hunting. Check it out... it may give you some ideas for 1. getting the entire backpack hunting package, or 2. perhaps it'll give you some ideas for pieces of gear you may be lacking.

Budget Backpacking Gear For Your Next Hunt

As much as we love new gear, our budgets are limited. If you are a hunter that is looking to get into backcountry, backpack-style hunting, we wanted to discuss how we would shop for backpacking gear and make budget-minded decisions. In this episode, Mark and Steve discuss how they would spend $700-$800 to purchase a shelter, sleeping pad, sleeping bag, backpacking stove, water filtration system, a reliable light source, and footwear for western-style hunting.

https://exomtngear.com/blogs/article/bu ... -next-hunt
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Budget Backpacking Gear - Get it all!

Postby Lefty » 04 25, 2019 •  [Post 2]

A great list, and for the money even better.

I enjoy a backpack trip or few every year. However I dont backpack hunt,.. makes the hunt a totally different type of hunt.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H