Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Swagger QD 42 Bipod

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Swagger QD 42 Bipod

Postby >>>---WW----> » 08 13, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Got a new Swagger Bipod in the mail today. As soon as I opened the box I thought, "Man! This is the bipod I have been looking for all my life"! I mounted it up on my Savage 17 HMR. Those ground squirrels are in big trouble now for sure. And the coyotes had better look out as well when I mount it up on my 220 Swift. You can pan side to side and up and down without ever having to reposition them. Mine extend from 14 - 42 inches. And they are going to be perfect on uneven ground. They have a pic rail attachment and will work on anything that has a rail and they come with a pic rail attachment that will fit right on your sling stud also.

Just an outstanding product. There are tons of Youtube video about them that you can check out. Don't take my word for it, look for yourself.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Re: Swagger QD 42 Bipod

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 13, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Sweet. Thanks for the initial “out of the box” review Bill. I think there may be a few others on WapitiTalk that may be trying out this newest Swagger bi-pod out this hunting season ;).
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 08 15, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Which bipod did you get WW?
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Indian Summer » 08 15, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Swede wrote:Which bipod did you get WW?

Title of this thread Swede. I just received one too but haven’t had a minute to check it out. I’m a long range guy sonlook for my review to come.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 15, 2019 •  [Post 5]

This is the Swagger QD-42.

https://swaggerbipods.com/products/stalker-qd

Brand new product this year. It actually only shipped within the past week or so!
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 08 15, 2019 •  [Post 6]

I have to admit I did not recognize that one item in the advertisement. I see the "Stalker QD" and a "Hunter 42" but no "QD 42".
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby 7mmfan » 08 16, 2019 •  [Post 7]

Mine showed up the other day as well. Plan on giving it test run today or tomorrow.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Indian Summer » 08 16, 2019 •  [Post 8]

My initial thoughts: Well built. The mounting system is nice and I like the location of the release button. The bipod mounts and detaches very easily. We’ve all had those telescopic poles whether on shooting sticks or trekking poles.... you know the ones that still slide when you’ve tightened them down as much as possible. I don’t know what these guys did but theirs lock down SOLID without going overboard on cranking on the lock collars. I love that. The springs that allow up and down movement and side panning are nice and stout. I was worried they might be to “springy”.

The other product is the Stalker Lite shooting sticks. Similar to the X sticks that professional hunters use in Africa they deploy very quickly. But the problem with X sticks and all shooting rests a is the height. If you’re on a mountain and you plant them downhill they’re usually too low. Uphill you can’t even see through the scope because the entire gun is too high. These sticks are a little feat of engineering genius! The pivot point or the X is suspended by rubber tubing. You can rest your gun at max height or simply push down on it and the pivot point slides right down.... but not too easily. Perfect tension actually. For a hunter looking to keep things simple and light I’m giving this product a solid 10. I’m a guy who believes carrying a rest can make or break a hunt. I’ve shot many bulls offhand because they were close and I had to. But I’ve shot some nice ones that probably would have walked away if I wasn’t prepared with something to steady my gun with the scope cranked up to 20 power.

Stay tuned for field test.
Indian Summer

Postby Indian Summer » 09 28, 2019 •  [Post 9]

All mounted up and ready to go. The springs at the top of the legs are nice. The freedom of movement up and down and side to side feels really good.
Attachments
9A5CA61B-9C77-4814-AC2A-710BF706665C.jpeg
Indian Summer