Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

WW Hunting Knives - Finally Here!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

WW Hunting Knives - Finally Here!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 18, 2019 •  [Post 1]

One if our longest standing members has finally decided to put his custom knives up for sale. Yes, WW Custom Hunting Knives are made and offered by none other than Bill Kuehl, you may know him better as >>>---WW----> on ours and other forums. Bill hails from Colorado and has been making high end knives for many years (for friends and family mostly) and after some discussion with him over the past few months, he's offered to create and sell some of his fine cutlery. I've actually had the pleasure of owning a couple of Bill's knives over the past year and I'll tell you, they are top notch! He currently has three knives with walnut handles, two in oak, and one in mesquite; all have red handle liners in stock. The sheaths that comes with the knives are super nice also. Bill, please chime in if I'm incorrect on the following description: Knives are made from scratch, from Nicholson (USA) File steel. Each product is tempered back to the 58-60 range; this takes the brittleness out of the steel and makes them more durable, easier to sharpen, and have the ability to hold a razor sharp edge. First image below is a sample of an available knife; the second image is the knife I obtained from Bill last year to show you the sheath quality. Pricing? Well, its more than reasonable. For the walnut, oak, and mesquite handled knives, they are $110 shipped to your door and for the micarta handled knives (he'll be making some of these shortly), the price will be $20 more. Like I said, more than reasonable. WW's prices are really only to cover his material costs and a very small amount of his time/labor (he could certainly charge a higher price and receive it I'm sure, but, he's really only doing this to keep his love of knife making rolling along and to share some of his products with other hunters). If you have any questions about WW knives, you can post them here (I'm sure he'll chime in). If interested in getting one of these great knives, just send Bill/ >>>---WW---->, a PM with your request and get the ball rolling. Thanks for making your knives available Bill; I'm sure they will find their way into many hunter's packs in the coming months and years. RJ

WW Knife Image 18 NOV 2019.png
WW Knife Image 18 NOV 2019.png (219.75 KiB) Viewed 1238 times

WW Knife Image - RJ's 18 NOV 2019.png
WW Knife Image - RJ's 18 NOV 2019.png (525.35 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: WW Hunting Knives - Finally Here!

Postby Swede » 11 18, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Wow, they are impressive looking.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: WW Hunting Knives - Finally Here!

Postby >>>---WW----> » 11 18, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Thank-you for the nice review RJ. And thanks to Swede also for his nice comment.

Presently I have one of the walnut handled knives that I will discount for $90 + $8 shipping because I placed my logo/makers mark on it a little off center. It is the same quality as the others except for my goof up on the logo.

For ordering or questions about my knives, just send me a PM. Or you can reply to this thread if you don't want to PM. I'll reply quickly as I log into Wapiti Talk every day. Thanks for looking!

>>>---WW---->
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics