Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

What dont you need!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

What dont you need!

Postby Lefty » 01 05, 2020 •  [Post 1]

My wife thinks she is becoming a minimalist of sorts, Mostly she doesn't like some of my stuff. Sold dozens and dozens of duck and goose decoys,.. My back hurts too much to put out that much gear.
Got rid of my roofing jacks,.. I wised up years ago,.. Sold my tall ladders too

I ve been going through a lot of my hunting items,.. I guess I could toss out some older hunting hats and some of those individual gloves where the other has been gone for who knows how long.

I am giving a jacket and warm weather shirt to a neighbor,.. never liked them so off they go
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: What dont you need!

Postby Swede » 01 05, 2020 •  [Post 2]

I have at least a half dozen tree stands, including two or three 15 ft. ladder type, I will not use again. I have boxes of "stuff" I can't remember what is in them for the most part. I need to sell the house and move again or have a big sale to help scale down.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby wawhitey » 01 05, 2020 •  [Post 3]

Really, i dont need the majority of my gear. Hell, i didnt even take a pair of binoculars hunting with me this entire year. A guy could get by with very little. I really should have a big garage sale at some point and just unload stuff. Got tons of gear that just collects dust.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Indian Summer » 01 06, 2020 •  [Post 4]

Maybe we need to have a swap meet/junk exchange?
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby 7mmfan » 01 06, 2020 •  [Post 5]

I try to go through my stuff every year or two and fine tune my pile of gear. I really only have a small amount of hunting gear that I don't use and have no intention of ever using again.

Like wawhitey said though, we could get away with so much less if we really wanted to. I don't NEED a bino harness, bipod, shooting sticks, rangefinder, wind check, EXO pack, etc... Could just strap on that surplus wool clothing, throw a few shells in my pocket and strap my knife to my belt and hit the woods.

I'm with IS, a big WapitiTalk swap meet would be great! Somewhere around Eastern Montana?
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan