Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Gun laws are silly

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Gun laws are silly

Postby wawhitey » 04 21, 2020 •  [Post 1]

So the ATFE, in its infinite wisdom, says this is a pistol, not an SBR, so it requires no crazy paperwork, and being a pistol i can legally keep it loaded in my truck. Why? Because it does not have a stock, it has a "pistol brace." Whats the difference? Basically the little velcro strap on it. If i was to cut that off, id have converted it into an SBR illegally, having not done form 4 paperwork like you do for a suppressor. Totally ridiculous, but im happy to take advantage of the stupid technicalities. Also, if i was to put a vertical foregrip on, boom, magically an illegal SBR. So what does a guy do that wants a foreward grip on his ar "pistol?" He puts an angled grip on it. Mine is on the way. This is just absurd. You cant make this stuff up. Welcome to america.

Im going to see what i can do with this 7.5" barrel out to 100 yards, and if its not quite satisfying, ill replace it with a 10.5" barrel, and it will still be a "pistol." Im also going to put a suppressor on it, that is currently in atf jail, which will add another maybe 7" to the overall length, but per atfe regulations, removable muzzle devices dont count toward the OAL. so much craziness. Clown world, HONK HONK!
Attachments
20200421_202222_copy_800x450.jpg
20200421_202222_copy_800x450.jpg (144.82 KiB) Viewed 2451 times
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Gun laws are silly

Postby Swede » 04 22, 2020 •  [Post 2]

I do not know what to tell you. The ATF needs some clear way of classifying all guns, so when they haul your butt into jail you they can make the charges stick.
If it is normally set up to be a shoulder fired weapon, I would classify it as a rifle. If it is just hand held, I would call it a pistol. I would keep things simple that way. Probably the ATF agency started there, but some Philadelphia lawyer found a loophole and got some scoundrel off who was peddling the guns to the Skin Heads.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby wawhitey » 04 22, 2020 •  [Post 3]

Just got to shooting the "pistol" for the first time today here in my back yard. Heading to my parents tomorrow as i need to make use of their pressure cooker, and do a little more tuning in on 2 rifles, so ill be bringing this little guy with me, see if i can ring steel at 100 with the short little barrel without using the shooting bench. Pretty fun gun though! Going to spend much of its life behind my passenger seat with 1 in the chamber and 40 in the mag.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Lefty » 04 27, 2020 •  [Post 4]

The ATF sometimes makes their own rules.

My Father in law was sort of Set up by the ATF. He and his brother bought two Early 1900 Spanish machine guns that were not operable and legal to ship and purchase .
8 ATF agents "bust" on my father in law was "ruined" by the county sheriff and police chief, who overstepped their authority ;)
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 04 27, 2020 •  [Post 5]

Still, when they slap the cuffs on Whitey, they don't want him to slip out. They will want him to enjoy a nice long vacation on a different form of public housing, and free hots and a cot.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Tigger » 04 28, 2020 •  [Post 6]

Will wawhitey still post pics from the crowbar motel? Been nice following his adventures on here. How many days until they crack down on him? :lol:
Tigger

Postby Lefty » 04 28, 2020 •  [Post 7]

He’s an Alaskan more than a washingtonian
AKWhitey will become a new member, the background will have coastal Alaska in the background
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H