Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

LaCrosse boots on sale

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

LaCrosse boots on sale

Postby Indian Summer » 06 22, 2020 •  [Post 1]

I saw the Danner thread and thought I’d pit this out there as well. If you have a use for the rubber boots but don’t like struggling to get them off try the Alpha Burly Pro Side Zip.

https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: LaCrosse boots on sale

Postby Swede » 06 22, 2020 •  [Post 2]

Lacrosse and Danner have a similar sale at the same time. Interesting! Danner is a subsidiary of Lacrosse. Both are headquartered here in Portland Oregon.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Tigger » 06 24, 2020 •  [Post 3]

I have owned about half a dozen pairs of Danners. I doubt I will ever own another pair. I would equate them with playing Double A ball on the way to the majors! The Made in the USA versions might be Triple A.
Tigger

Postby Swede » 06 24, 2020 •  [Post 4]

I don't know where you can get a better value with boots than Danner if they fit you well. Mine fit very well and the last pair I put in the garbage served me from 2003-2018. The only boots I have owned that I would say were "better" are the hand made Kulien boots made in Centralia Wa. They are better, but you can but three pair of Danner boots for the price of one pair of Kulien's.
In addition I get great service from Danner when I stop in at their factory.
Swede

Postby Tigger » 06 25, 2020 •  [Post 5]

Swede, between my dad, cousin and myself I dont think we have had a pair last 4 years and they certainly werent waterproof after 2. I have had half a dozen myself. The made in China ones are not quality in my opinion. When I went to Schnees my problem was solved. 13 years and still going strong. Way cheaper than buying a new pair of Danners every 3 years. They do look good on the store shelf though, I will give them that.
Tigger

Postby Swede » 06 25, 2020 •  [Post 6]

I have no experience with their Chinese made boot, so I cannot offer an opinion on them. I agree that the waterproofing (Goretex) has a very limited life. I have never wore out their boots in less than ten years. Their Romeos last me over five years and I wear them year round for nearly everything except going to church.
Tigger you must be a slow learner. You bought a half dozen pairs of their boots with at least some made in China before you figured out that you needed to make a change? hummm? What was your ah ha moment?
Swede

Postby Swede » 06 25, 2020 •  [Post 7]

I got 16 years out of my last pair of Danner boots. I used then hunting, scouting and in between seasons, but I took good care of them and maintained them properly. Good fit and good care was the basis for their long life. If boots are not kept well lubricated and pliable, they are going to come apart. You may need to dry your boots and properly treat them during the hunt. You may just need to clean them and treat them even if they are dry. I don't sweat a lot, so that is not an issue. I suppose if it was, I might need to change socks during the day. My Danner boots did not have a lot of rubber on the outside to help keep them dry from outside moisture. They breathe well, but the leather will soak in water.
In the end I could have had them rebuilt, but the cost with new soles and refurbishing is the same as the cost of a new pair of boots. So why bother?
Swede

Postby Tigger » 06 25, 2020 •  [Post 8]

It was a combination of couldn't afford and didnt know there were better options. I tried one model and then another hoping for better results. It wasn't the model, it was the manufacturer.

Swede, Hey, if you like them, keep using them! There are a lot of people who flame out in Triple A, no need to be ashamed! :lol:
Tigger

Postby Swede » 06 25, 2020 •  [Post 9]

Tigger, I don't know about your triple A team analogy or whatever. All I am saying is I got 16 years from the last pair of Danner boots I wore out. I believe I got 12 years from the previous pair, but don't remember exactly. To me that is good service from a pair of $200 boots. I wore mine from the NW territories to Idaho, to Washington and all over Oregon. I wore them summer and winter. The key was taking care of my triple A boots. I certainly an not ashamed to go purchase Danner boots, and as long as they are on sale, I see a great opportunity to buy a great boot at a great price.
I have no stock in the company, and don't care if you like them or not. The subject is that they are on sale.
Show me what your Schnee boots look like after 16 years. Just make sure you wear them multiple seasons every year, or they are considered B league and not up to the task.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 06 25, 2020 •  [Post 10]

My brother was a lacrosse and RedWing guy
Other than waders and hipboots I got a fantastic deal on some 2000 gram thinsulate lacrosse boots

Guess I need to look them up
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 06 25, 2020 •  [Post 11]

What I like about the Danner boots are their fit. Sure they last a long time for me, but it is the fit. My feet are loose in Rocky boots and some others. If the Danner boots don't fit well, don't buy them. I would guess that they can find you a good fit if you go to their factory outlet near the airport in Portland. You may get a good fit from Cabelas. I bought high end Kulien boots for years because they were hand made and they measured my feet and legs in several places. They are expensive, but ill fitting boots are no bargain at any price.
Swede