Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

New Kenetrek insoles

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

New Kenetrek insoles

Postby Indian Summer » 02 18, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I received an email from Kenetrek 2 days ago. They were marketing a new performance insole they made. It's a 3 layer design supposed to have the best of all worlds. In their words:

A four-piece, three-layer insoles with a durable, anti-microbial pad that wicks away moisture and refuses to omit odor. It sits atop a 4mm high density moldable foam, that quickly takes on your foot shape. Below that, they've combined a silicone gel insert to cushion the ball of your foot, with a firm, supportive base layer to keep your arch and heel stable.

Sounds great to me. The insoles in my current boots are leaving the bottoms of me feet a bit beat up. I've been in the market for some quality insoles but hadn't made a decision. For $40 I'm giving them a try. If anyone is interested I'll let you know how they work out.

They laughed when I phoned to order saying they only sent the email out less than 2 minutes ago. I told them an Elk Nut wastes no time! ;)
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: New Kenetrek insoles

Postby bowpackerrob » 02 18, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Yes please keep us posted, I have a pair of the Kenetrek mountain hunters which is a great boot already but I add a New Balance running shoe insoles to mine.
bowpackerrob

First Name: Robbie
Last Name: Crocker

Postby Indian Summer » 02 18, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Will do Rob. I'm using them in a pair of Mountain Extreme's. I'm glad to be able to try an insole that comes from the same manufacturer as the boot. They said pop out the original one and it'll pop right in. The insoles that came with the boots aren't much to talk about. They fit absolutely awesome but no cushion. The large insole is good to a 10.5 which is my size so no trimming. Stay tuned they shipped today.
Indian Summer

New Kenetrek insoles

Postby Solitude » 02 19, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Ordered a pair for my 9.5wide Hardscrabbles today. I had plugged in the Superfeet orange for the last couple of months and my wide heal simply did not agree with them. I will try to post in a couple if weeks after I get a few hikes in on the new inserts.
Solitude

Postby Indian Summer » 02 20, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Awesome Solitude.. I was thinking about Superfeet but I have wide feet too so you saved me the money to check them out. I have high hopes for these insoles. We'll see.
Indian Summer

Postby Indian Summer » 02 24, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Insoles arrived Friday. They are nice but upon 1st inspection I didn't think they were anything overly special. But they did feel way better when I tried them on. So yesterday I followed the beagles for about 3 hours with them in. A world of difference from Kenetrek's factory insoles. There's no question my feet were in way better shape with these new insoles. I have never tried any other brands so I can't give a comparison. They fit my boot and feet perfectly and no more sore feet so for now I'll give them 2 thumbs up. 0ld ones went in the trash.
Indian Summer

Postby bowpackerrob » 02 25, 2013 •  [Post 7]

You are ordering them straight from Kenetrek?
bowpackerrob

First Name: Robbie
Last Name: Crocker

Postby Indian Summer » 02 26, 2013 •  [Post 8]

Yes. I buy all their products direct. Some of their products such as Mountain Extreme 1000 boots are only available direct.
Indian Summer

New Kenetrek insoles

Postby Solitude » 03 28, 2013 •  [Post 9]

Agree with IS post, and for whatever it is worth these are way more comfortable on my wide heals vs the orange Superfeet i was trying to make work. The arch is also a bit more pronounced. Good product.
Solitude

Postby Indian Summer » 03 28, 2013 •  [Post 10]

I'm really glad to hear a comparison to Superfeet. Couldn't help but wonder what I was missing. Thanks Solitude.
Indian Summer