Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Range Snap

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Range Snap

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 04 11, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I used a Range Snap last year and I will never go without it again.

http://jaciarchery.com/

Anybody else use one?
JohnFitzgerald

Re: Range Snap

Postby BOWNUT » 04 11, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I use one. I have it on a Nimrod bino hanness. Nice people too, they sent me a large strap for my old Leica range finder for no charge. The standard one won't fit it. Works fine for me.
BOWNUT

First Name: john
Last Name: kehrer

Postby ctdad » 04 11, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I've been intending to buy one of these. This thread got me motivated. I went to the website and there are a couple options. Should I buy the basic range snap or is the deluxe worth buying? It comes with extra accessory clips.
ctdad

Postby pointysticks » 04 11, 2013 •  [Post 4]

cant you simply use a regular lanyard and clip it to the same spot on the harness?
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 04 11, 2013 •  [Post 5]

ctdad - I only own the basic. The deluxe will give you the option to attach multiple items.

pointystickys - This system secures the range finder to the harness and prevents it from flopping around. I clip it up by my collar bone which keeps it out of the way and yet makes your range finder easyly accessible.
JohnFitzgerald

Postby ElkNut1 » 04 12, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Yes, I use them as well, I think I'm going to start carrying them in the store here, they are very cool & super light weight. I use mine 100% of the time & so does my son! We use the basic model.

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby BrentLaBere » 04 12, 2013 •  [Post 7]

I guess I haven't had a problem with the way I use mine yet. I simply keep it on the lanyard and place it in my chest pocket that is easily opened and closed with magnets. Does look like it would be convenient though.
BrentLaBere

First Name: Brent
Last Name: LaBere

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 04 12, 2013 •  [Post 8]

I use to keep mine in my pocket as well and got tired the lanyard getting caught on things.
JohnFitzgerald