Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Be Your Own Pro

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Be Your Own Pro

Postby >>>---WW----> » 04 22, 2013 •  [Post 1]

On just about any web site you go to that has anything to do with archery, you'll find guys asking all sorts of questions about setups, tuning, or what ever.

If you get on Youtube and type in Bowtuning Tips, you'll find Bowtuning Tips.Com that is a whole bunch of short how to videos by Kenny Parsons. Not only does he show you how to do your own things but he will sell you the needed tools to get the job done. Basically, you name it and chances are he'll have a video on how to do it or fix it.

It's the first place I look to when I encounter a problem with my bow or just need a refresher on how to tie in a peep or do a string loop, or what ever.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Re: Be Your Own Pro

Postby buglmin » 04 22, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I was lucky to start working in an archery shop when I was still in high school, and got to meet a lot of great guys. I was always showed lil tricks of the trade by serious archerys. And when I opened my own pro shop in the 90's, I soon found out that no matter how great peoples equipment was, they always had problems right before hunting season...I cant count the times we worked on bows using headlights from trucks, or the times I left late for a trip cause I had customers in working on their equipment...
I've had the fortune of being befriended by a top 3D shooter and world class bowhunter that writes for va big magazine that is always sharing his ideas and finding outs while he works on equipment, giving me ideas to try things to see how they work for me. My bows are always being worked on, changed, tuned and retuned as I try new products and ideas.
Its sad to see that things I take for granted are major problems for a lot of guys. But I love speed, set up bows to get the best performance I can get from my short draw length. And i always encourage guys to take their equipment to the local pro shop and watch and listen as a guy that knows whatvhe is doing works on equipment. These guys dont have no secrets, was taught at dealer schools how to fix problems, and know what they are doing...
buglmin