Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Eberlestock Bow Bucket

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Eberlestock Bow Bucket

Postby Mikeha33 » 04 24, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Anybody have any experience with one? I've got the Eberlestock Blue Widow, and am considering adding the bow bucket to my pack, but not real sure if the convienence advertised is accurate? Im open to other solutions as well, as far as packing in my bow several miles.
Mikeha33

First Name: Michael
Last Name: Halsey

Re: Eberlestock Bow Bucket

Postby 6.5City » 04 24, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I've got both, Blue Widow and Butt Bucket. Great for packing in and I really like mine. Used it two years now. Worth the money, IMHO.
6.5City

First Name: Michael

Postby Miller1 » 04 25, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I also have one on my bw but i dont use it with the quick release (i dont think it works very well like that), i just strap it tight for hiking and take my pack off to get my bow out.
Miller1

First Name: Rick
Last Name: Miller

Postby >>>---WW----> » 04 25, 2013 •  [Post 4]

There is one right here on the forum in the classifieds. Check it out
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 26, 2013 •  [Post 5]

I have a BW and will probably pick of of these up for "hands free" bow carrying when needed. Pretty good design that seems like it would work fine. I would think it'd work nicely to carry my bow, on my pack, when packing meat or when traveling to/from hunting area on a MT bike or quad. I've used a primos bow sling on MT bike/quad in the past but I find the bow slips/slides around quite a bit. Here's a short VID from SandSarchery on the bow bucket.

WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby aron » 05 01, 2013 •  [Post 6]

I have the blue widow and bow bucket. I like the bow bucket for strapping the bow on and carrying it but have played around with trying to grab the bow with the pack still on and sometimes the quick release strap gets caught on the rest or sight. Takes a little getting use to but works good once you get the method down.
aron

First Name: Aron