Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Talk to me about the Eberlestock X2

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Postby rudyc » 04 25, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Howdy,

I need a new / different day pack.
I'll be hunting in western Colorado this September from a tent and cabin and going back to camp most days.
As much as I want to like my Bison Gear Lost River pack, I can't warm up to it. It never seems to feel comfortable.
For years I've been using my Cabela's Whitetail pack for my mid-west deer hunts and it's going to be a bit too small for the western hunts.

I have a Kelty Cache Hauler if I should be so lucky to need it and want a comfortable pack for all my day hunting needs. Rain gear, meat bags extra jacket/sweater, food,water and a small amount of over night stuff.

Been hearing / reading good things about the Eberlestock X2 and would like to hear your comments about it any others you may have in mind.
I'm 5'10 and 190#'s if it makes any difference.

I'd like to keep it in the $200 or less range.

Thanks in advance, rudyc
rudyc

First Name: Rudy
Last Name: C

Re: Talk to me about the Eberlestock X2

Postby planebow » 04 25, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I really like my X2. It fits me good (5'11" at 180lbs) and is comfortable to carry all day. Last year I shot a bull late in the evening, took care of him with the guttless method. Had game bags in my pack. Being it was only a 1/4 mile to my ATV I did not go back to camp for my pack board. Carried him out with the X2 with no problems at all. One thing you need to do with an X2 if you buy one is take the frame out and wrap it with sport tape or else it squeeks.
planebow

First Name: Robert
Last Name: Howard

Postby Bartfrncs » 04 25, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I love mine you cant go wrong with this pack, very verstile.
Bartfrncs

First Name: Bart
Last Name: Frncs

Postby Jahnke76 » 04 25, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Sold my blue widow and bought a x2 and i use it for everything. I wish i would have had it for colorado last year instead of the widow.
Jahnke76

Postby rudyc » 04 25, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Is there any problem shooting a bow while wearing the X2? One nice thing about the Bison Gear pack is that it's easy to shoot my longbow while wearing it.
rudyc

First Name: Rudy
Last Name: C

Postby Solitude » 04 25, 2013 •  [Post 6]

No problem at all Rudy
Solitude

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 04 25, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Very nice pack. I use it for daily and spike hunts.
JohnFitzgerald

Postby mandrroofing » 04 26, 2013 •  [Post 8]

I just got this pack myself,trust me I don't buy something unless I do extensive research first and I'm confident this pack.here's another question,is the butt bucket worth buying?
mandrroofing

First Name: Matt

Postby ElkNut1 » 04 26, 2013 •  [Post 9]

It's an excellent pack & no issues at all shooting a longbow or compound with it on. My Son & I have taken a few elk while wearing it at the shot, no issues. It's a very tough 2200" pack! Here's a photo from last year loaded with all day gear & a load of elk meat, getting ready to head out 4 -1/2 miles

The top photo is also an X2, it's the pack in the rear with my son loaded down with a hind quarter & his gear.

ElkNut1
Attachments
DSCN1938.jpg
DSCN1938.jpg (213.19 KiB) Viewed 6238 times
DSCN1972.jpg
DSCN1972.jpg (168.71 KiB) Viewed 6239 times
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby trapperjay » 04 26, 2013 •  [Post 10]

I was almost "sold" on the x2, but elknut steered me to the BL2200 b/c of mu torso length. He was spot-on. I like it too.
trapperjay

First Name: Jason
Last Name: Turner

Postby eriks. » 04 28, 2013 •  [Post 11]

Love mine for a day/3 day pack. Holds more than it looks like it will and you can open up the compression straps and load up lots more on on the outside and it compresses down to a very small pack too. I'm 5"10= 185# and its a good fit for me . I bowhunt too and while I haven't had the opportunity to shoot at anything live while having it on, I have practiced in the yard with it with no probs.
eriks.

First Name: erik
Last Name: simmons

Postby >>>---WW----> » 04 29, 2013 •  [Post 12]

Wow Paul! That guy with the pack frame needs to get his load centered a little better. I'll bet that was a rough trip out for him if he didn't adjust that load.

I have looked at the X-2 several times but just couldn't talk myself into buying one. No real special reason! Right now I'm waiting to see the new Badlands 2200 that is supposed to hit the market later this summer.. I probably won't buy it either. LOL! Guess I'm just stuck with my old Superday.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Solitude » 04 29, 2013 •  [Post 13]

The X2, BL2200 and Superday are all solid packs. I have used all three and the Superday is a great pack....unless you need to hall out a first load with it IMO. I am only 5'-8" with a shorter torso so the X2 fits me better than the 2200 for whatever it's worth.
Solitude