Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

camo clothing

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

camo clothing

Postby kjv1959 » 05 07, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I am new to the sight and just trying get as much info from veteran elk hunters as possible. I will be going 2nd season in Colorado with my sons a trip i am really looking forward to. My question what is the best all around most versatile camo pattern for Colorado? I know there are many factors such as snow and the foliage and all. Thanks.
kjv1959

First Name: Kevin
Last Name: Vroman

Re: camo clothing

Postby Rojix » 05 08, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Any pattern will work. I went with vias, not so much for the pattern but the quality of gear. But is camo all that important in the 2nd season?
Rojix

First Name: Jake

Postby kjv1959 » 05 08, 2013 •  [Post 3]

personally i believe no matter the season. But thats just my thinking I guess. Thanks for the tip on the ASAT!!!! :D
kjv1959

Postby otcWill » 05 08, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Really doesn't matter for elk IMO. Buy stuff that you can use for other hunts as well. Elk are pretty easy going when it comes to camo patterns :)
otcWill

Postby Rojix » 05 08, 2013 •  [Post 5]

I just thought you had to wear solid blaze orange which was why I asked. Predator camo is pretty good also.
Rojix

First Name: Jake

Postby >>>---WW----> » 05 08, 2013 •  [Post 6]

I suppose my question would be, why are you worried about camo patterns when Colorado law requires 500 sq. in. on floresant orange plus an orange head cover?

Second seaon in Colorado can be anything from warm to down right frigid with snow up to your ?!?! Wool pants, gaiters, and good waterproof boots are always a great choice. Plus a good layering system for your upper body.

You just never know what to expect when it comes to the weather out here. Camo should be the least of your worries for the rifle season. However, if you have your heart set on camo, I'd recommend some sort of pattern that you can use for deer hunting in your home state where you will get the most use out of it.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Lefty » 05 08, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Im more concerned with the material than the camo patteren
Most of my new clothes are
Cabelas Open country Seclusion
Kings desert and field shadow
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby kjv1959 » 05 08, 2013 •  [Post 8]

thanks guys really appreciate the input. Guess my Mossy Oak Treestand pattern will work just fine.
kjv1959