Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Crispi Boots

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Crispi Boots

Postby Chukarhunter » 05 20, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I'm considering upgrading my boots this year, and am looking at the Crispi Nevada boot. I'm a little concerned about them having too much insulation, because I do a lot of warm weather bird and antelope hunting here in Nevada, but I hunt deer and elk in November and December as well. I know I'm looking for one do-all boot, when two pair would work better, but would prefer not to have to buy two pair.
I know Elknut (Paul) wears the Crispi and likes them.....anyone else? Comment or advise is welcome!!
Thanks, Bill
Chukarhunter

First Name: Bill

Crispi Boots

Postby Huntography » 05 20, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I've been eyeing the Idaho's and the Hunter's for a while now. From what I have read they are very high quality. Just wish I could try before I buy but no local store in Colorado that I know of carries them. One day I may get them.

But for now, I'll be using my Roklite 400's and Keen Targhee II's for all warm weather and early season hunting and filming and my almost 10 year old Cabela's Deerhunter extremes for all cold weather deer hunts. They have been tanks for me over the years.

Good luck.

Rudy
Huntography
Site Sponsor

First Name: Rudy

Crispi Boots

Postby Slim jim » 05 20, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I have the Crispi summit browns and love them! I put green superfeet in them for arch support and never have any hot spots. The heel cup is great, my heels always stay seated. I do a lot of early season hunting so they work perfect for me. My buddy has the Nevadas and loves his as well but he is skinny and hardly sweats so he doesn't get hot spots when it's warm. I'm a sweater so I would only go with the Nevadas for late season
Slim jim

First Name: Jimmy
Last Name: Tippetts

Re: Crispi Boots

Postby bnsafe » 05 20, 2013 •  [Post 4]

i dont know about the nevadas but i had a pair of kanadas and they were some seriously made quality boots. i sent them back cause they didnt quite fit my feet but it wasnt because of crispi.
bnsafe

First Name: Scott

Postby ElkNut1 » 05 21, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Mine have been great & a pleasure to put on every morning for the hunt, these will be very hard to beat, to date best boot I've ever owned! I have the Hunter GTX Model.

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby Chukarhunter » 05 21, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Huntography wrote:I've been eyeing the Idaho's and the Hunter's for a while now. From what I have read they are very high quality. Just wish I could try before I buy but no local store in Colorado that I know of carries them. One day I may get them.

But for now, I'll be using my Roklite 400's and Keen Targhee II's for all warm weather and early season hunting and filming and my almost 10 year old Cabela's Deerhunter extremes for all cold weather deer hunts. They have been tanks for me over the years.

Good luck.

Rudy

Here in Reno, Scheels carries a couple of Crispi models. Don't know if there's a Scheels near you?
Chukarhunter

Crispi Boots

Postby Huntography » 05 21, 2013 •  [Post 7]

No Scheels by me ;(

Rudy
Huntography
Site Sponsor

Postby eltaco » 05 21, 2013 •  [Post 8]

My Crispi Kanadas tore my feet up last year. I'll give them another shot, but it's tough to purposely induce that kind of pain on myself again when my other boots don't give me issue.
eltaco

Postby WindedBowhunter » 05 24, 2013 •  [Post 9]

Chukarhunter - My advise would be to have 2 different pairs of boots.

One with no insulation, one with insulation that you feel that you need when there is a chill in the air.
Keep the wind in your face
Certified NASP & Explore Bowhunting Instructor
APA Archery, Victory Arrows, Hamskea, Stokerized ProStaff
WindedBowhunter
Site Sponsor

Last Name: Hassall

Postby Chukarhunter » 05 24, 2013 •  [Post 10]

Thanks for the replies, guys....
These Nevada Crispis only have about 200gms of insulation, so was hoping they'd be ok year round; I didn't want to hear your advice, Rudy, but I think I'll take it. Two pair makes more sense. ;)
Chukarhunter

Postby WindedBowhunter » 05 26, 2013 •  [Post 11]

Chukarhunter - keep us posted on how it all works out for you, as I am sure other members will benefit from you experience sharing!
Keep the wind in your face
Certified NASP & Explore Bowhunting Instructor
APA Archery, Victory Arrows, Hamskea, Stokerized ProStaff
WindedBowhunter
Site Sponsor

Last Name: Hassall