Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

five tries to get my Shangri La 2-man set up tight.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

five tries to get my Shangri La 2-man set up tight.

Postby pointysticks » 05 26, 2013 •  [Post 1]

i've used my tent a few times. but only as a tarp type shelter. when weather is fair, a light 1lbs tarp is difficult to beat.

anyone have a shangri La from golite? i think i got it figured out. not a bad super light tent. not the easiest to set up. this trip coming up, i figured i need to use the entire tent, setting up the nest was challenging to figure out. hate how a trekking pole is right in the tent opening. it really is in the way.

any good knots you can recommend for guy lines? nice slip knots? what do you have?
this will be my tent on my august mulie hunt. my pack gets too heavy..and this thing will be a real benefit in that dept.

thanks.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby mtnmutt » 05 26, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I use the BA fly creek UL2. It came with sliders on the guy lines. Instead of using the built in sliders to tension the guy lines, I find it better to use a taunt-line hitch. I can get better tension using the taunt-line hitch.

I am not very knowledgeable on knots, however, many seasoned backpackers told me about the taunt-line hitch and it has worked well for me.
mtnmutt