Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

removing pins...

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

removing pins...

Postby quarbles » 06 02, 2013 •  [Post 1]

... from a black gold 5 pin. anybody do this? want to turn my 5 pin into a 2 pin as cleanly as possible. if i had the option to put pins back it wouldn't hurt.
quarbles

First Name: jon
Last Name: travis

Re: removing pins...

Postby buglmin » 06 02, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Thats tough, cause you gotta remove the fiber optic, unless you just cut it. But then you wont be able to reattach it for future use. Look into buying a new sight...I switched over to a slider to uncluster the sight window, pins were so close together the blotted out the target which drove me insans...
buglmin

Postby quarbles » 06 02, 2013 •  [Post 3]

yeah... having an uncluttered picture is what i'm after. i'm looking at having a 30 pin and a 50 pin (trick pin), that way one can always corroborate position with the other. i find the red pins to be ideal too.... with the green pins i find i catch myself looking at the pin, so i was going to 'pluck' the 2 greens and the orange....
agreed a new sight would be the best route, just isn't in the cards right now.....
quarbles

Postby buglmin » 06 02, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Why not just move the pins up or down out of the way and cover them with electrically tape? Like I stated, I went to a slider again to get away from the clutter. Tight pin gaps suck...
buglmin

Postby quarbles » 06 03, 2013 •  [Post 5]

the pins still clutter up the bottom. i find them mocking me, and to have only the red pins left would require moving them anyways. unfortunately i'm of a tenacious personality and once i get an idea that i think will work.....
i did get a reply to an email i sent to montana black gold.... he made it sound straight forward. i'm just going to commit to the pour on this one.
quarbles