Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Eberlestock Team Elk Pack

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Eberlestock Team Elk Pack

Postby BMF11 » 06 13, 2013 •  [Post 1]

My 3yr old son just surprised me with an early Father's Day gift and I'm wanting some ElkNut feedback. Eberlestock Team Elk pack. Looks like a well built pack with nice features, does anyone have any personal experience with it? I'm planning on packing in spike camp for 4-5 days at a time. I was looking at the badlands Sacrifice and I was surprised with the Eberlestock. So any personal opinions of either would help! Thanks
BMF11

First Name: Brady

Re: Eberlestock Team Elk Pack

Postby montanabrown » 06 13, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I have a blue widow and it is well built and really comfortable as long as you adjust it to fit your body. I don't have any personal experience with their customer service but that's probably a good thing, meaning i've had to issues with their products. They can hold a lot of weight also.
montanabrown

First Name: michael
Last Name: brown-silva

Postby dotman » 06 13, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I prefer Eberlestock over Badlands due to the quality long-term durability of the Eberlestock, you can slide down a mountain with an Eberlestock and it will be ok, no zipper failures. Should work fine but depending on your torso it could hurt your shoulders. S&S archery has some great videos on fitting these packs.
dotman

Postby aron » 06 14, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Hey Brady if you live around the Fargo area I got a blue widow pack if you wanted another pack to compare it to.

One thing I didn't see about the Team Elk Pack was the ability to add a duffel like the blue widow can (adds an extra 2300-2900 cu in of space). Looks like the Team Elk pack is 3100 cu in, I would think that would get filled very quick for a spike camp?
aron

First Name: Aron

Postby Vanish » 06 14, 2013 •  [Post 5]

In the pas,t I've said my Badlands 4500 pack was great. I'm no longer so sure. I use it for far more than hunting, but after 4 years it is definitely starting to show signs of wear (broken side clip, one shoulder seam starting to separate). The frame broke after 2.5 years, and of course one of the best things about the pack is the lifetime warranty, so they replaced that and a broken zipper pull for free (but I still had to pay to ship it in).
Vanish

First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Driskel

Postby pointysticks » 06 14, 2013 •  [Post 6]

man..what kind of allowance does this kid make?!

hahah..happy father's day.

my brother loves all of his eberlestock packs. they seem bombproof. good luck.

my friend is very tough on his BL gear. he has sent it in several times. he learned to pull the hard parts out. all of the alum stays get yanked out and he rolls up the pack for economical shipping. i've never tried it, but my 2800 needs to go in after all the blowdown i encountered in idaho. i was hung up like that Mission Impossible move where i am just inches from the floor :).
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby dotman » 06 14, 2013 •  [Post 7]

Vanish wrote:In the pas,t I've said my Badlands 4500 pack was great. I'm no longer so sure. I use it for far more than hunting, but after 4 years it is definitely starting to show signs of wear (broken side clip, one shoulder seam starting to separate). The frame broke after 2.5 years, and of course one of the best things about the pack is the lifetime warranty, so they replaced that and a broken zipper pull for free (but I still had to pay to ship it in).

The best warranty is one you never have to use :)
dotman