Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

"Lance" or "Tuttle"

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

"Lance" or "Tuttle"

Postby Pop-r » 06 14, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Any of you elders or more experienced "loggers" know which one of these teeth patterns cut downfall the best?
Pop-r

Re: "Lance" or "Tuttle"

Postby Swede » 06 14, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I am sorry, but I have no idea what you are asking. I assume you are referring to chain saw chain. There are a lot of different brands and types, but I have never heard of a "Lance" or a "Tuttle". If you are referring to saw chain, I would advise going to a professional saw shop with your chainsaw. They will put a new chain on your saw that will fit and be the best for your job. Be sure you ask about anti kickback chain.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

"Lance" or "Tuttle"

Postby RockChucker30 » 06 14, 2013 •  [Post 3]

Yeah I always hear about half skip and skip, not lance or Tuttle. Anti kickback is safety chain.

Arborist forums will give you whatever info you need.
Paradox Packs
Performance Driven Backpacks
RockChucker30
Site Sponsor

First Name: Nathan
Last Name: Coleman

Postby Pop-r » 06 14, 2013 •  [Post 4]

I will look on there & ask. Thanks! I'm actually referring to handsaws & crosscut saws. I need one & got to looking arnd & those are 2 of the most widely used configs from what i can tell. I am hoping someone has experience in the use of one if not both.
Pop-r

Postby Swede » 06 14, 2013 •  [Post 5]

Hand saws, crosscut saws! Do people still use them? LOL Dad started off felling & bucking timber with a crosscut saw. He had some handles in his little shop and a saw or two up in the rafters. I have no idea what ever happened to them.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics