Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

MSR dromlite?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

MSR dromlite?

Postby pointysticks » 07 02, 2013 •  [Post 1]

i was picking up some bike tubes at some store. the manager lets out an audible sigh..and says. "man, this packaging is shredded!"..i look over his shoulder, and he has a MSR dromlite bladder. a person just destroyed the packaging, despite the easy open tab on the side. as a joke, i said.."i'll give you $15 for it" he looked at me and asked, "$20?".. this was the 2L bag.

so now i have a dromlite bladder. the manager then fleeced me on the hose for another $20..(that's why he's the boss :)).. i think this bladder will fill the void my camelback cant. like the square pocket for a bladder in my badlands.

any dromlite users here? i know of a few black baggers dromadary guys.

i go on a weeklong mulie backpack hunt in the sierras aug 21, and i will take this with me. hope i can leave all my bulky nalgene bottles at home. you guys just bring that nipple cap along? or should i just lose it now?
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: MSR dromlite?

Postby Aron Snyder » 07 02, 2013 •  [Post 2]

I pack a 4 or 6 liter Dromlite all the time.
Best bladder I've used and will stand up to anything!
Aron Snyder

First Name: Aron
Last Name: Snyder

Re: MSR dromlite?

Postby cmeier117 » 07 10, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I use a 3L platy big zip for my bladder/filter with a Sawyer 3 in 1 attached. But I share a 10L Dromedary bladder with my hunting partner for back at camp. That thing is BOMB proof. I like the quick fill of the big zip but may try a drom light at some point.
cmeier117

First Name: Cameron
Last Name: Meier