Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Scent drippers

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Scent drippers

Postby ChukarNUT » 07 21, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Being born and raised in the midwest chasing corn-fed brutes, we used scent drippers alot to get mature bucks to visit scrapes in shooting hours. I gave this a whirl a few years back for elk using a few of my old drippers that i had from my whitetail days. i used normal cow elk urine during the summer in front of the cam and it worked wonderfully. i would get great pics of the bulls right in front of the cam with their noses stuck high in the air. even had a few pics of cows up on their hind legs sniffing and licking at it! :o went to check them a few times to find them on the ground and chewed on by the elkski's! :lol: once season rolled around i changed to cow in heat and added a little bull rage scent and that seemed to work ok. last year a curious bear got my drippers and my cam and decided they were great chew toys! :evil:

?? anyone else try implementing drippers?? opinions-suggestions-etc welcome! also found this link and made up a few. heading into the backcountry tues/wed to place a few cams and set up a few drippers that i made. they seem to work great from the tests at home. i used snapple iced tea bottles, its heavier plastic..wrapped in bubble wrap and cut up an old dark green t-shirt. seem to work best keeping the tubing as short as possible and make sure you have about a 1" loop and to not zip tie the tubing enough to pinch it. they work based on air pressure and daytime temp changes to only allow scent dispersal during daylight hours. pretty darn cost effective!

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=583400
ChukarNUT

First Name: Brian