Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Quivers

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Quivers

Postby Vanish » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I don't like mine. I have a single piece detachable quiver. I feel like it pulls my bow to the side, it make my bow heavier and it adds noise.

Last year I threw it on my pack instead of having it attached to my bow. This has the obvious downside of not having extra arrows with you if you drop your pack (which i rarely did).

Looking for your favorite alternative!
Vanish

First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Driskel

Re: Quivers

Postby bullrub » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Vanish,
I use to use a quiver called a CAT QUIVER. It attach to the side of my pack and would hold up to 6 arrows. It worked great for me. I now use a Alpine bow quiver.
I don't know if they still make the cat quiver are not. Maybe someone else reading this post might know.
bullrub

First Name: Dave
Last Name: Winters

Postby idahoghost » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 3]

You may want to check the Tightspot. Works very well...
idahoghost

First Name: Larry
Last Name: Hill

Postby Broken arrow » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 4]

Yes they still make cat quivers. And many different sizes. They have a mini cat quiver that holds 6 or 7 arrows can't remember off hand it can be attached to your pack and if you have to drop your pack it can be slung over your shoulder. Tom Miranda uses the mini. I'm seriously considering one.
Broken arrow

Postby bowpackerrob » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Tightspot, well made and very adjustable to get great balance if you want to leave it on your bow.
bowpackerrob

First Name: Robbie
Last Name: Crocker

Postby mattstanton » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 6]

octane deadlock pro same profile as the tightspot but half the price and a bit lighter. love mine
mattstanton

Postby Ridgernr » 08 09, 2012 •  [Post 7]

I use An alpine softlock 7 arrow and I bought an extra mount and made a belt quiver attachment. While hunting the quiver is on my hip belt, then when I buck brush I switch it to my bow to better keep track of my arrows.
For me its is the best I have come up with.
Ridgernr

First Name: Randy

Postby Freebird134 » 08 20, 2012 •  [Post 8]

mattstanton wrote:octane deadlock pro same profile as the tightspot but half the price and a bit lighter. love mine

x2. Lighter and less expensive. I really like the grippers on the new Deadlock Pro. My only cmplaint is the dovetail "deadlock" part. It locks solid. Real solid. But I also like to slip my quiver off in a treestand, and I really struggle to ease this quiver off my bow. I am hoping it loosens up with time.
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby dotman » 10 18, 2012 •  [Post 9]

I have the same problem as Freebird with my Octane Deadlock Pro but man is it a good quality item, hugs the bow and you don't even notice it is there when shooting. I would buy it again, locks in my micro diameter arrows really well.
dotman

Postby Vanish » 10 19, 2012 •  [Post 10]

Thanks for the input. It looks like I will be buying a new bow for next season and Ill take some of this into account when I decide on a quiver.
Vanish

First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Driskel

Postby Wapiti » 11 09, 2012 •  [Post 11]

I use a Cat quiver and it's awesome !! keeps your bow light as you don't have any arrows on it.
Wapiti
Site Sponsor

First Name: Travis
Last Name: O'Shea

Postby Freebird134 » 02 16, 2013 •  [Post 12]

dotman wrote:I have the same problem as Freebird with my Octane Deadlock Pro but man is it a good quality item, hugs the bow and you don't even notice it is there when shooting. I would buy it again, locks in my micro diameter arrows really well.

Dotman: Are you shooting the octane deadlock with micro diameter arrows? I just got my Victory VAPs and I'm worried the Deadlock isn't going to hold those little guys.
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby buglmin » 02 16, 2013 •  [Post 13]

I use the Catquiver mini and attach it to my packs with zip ties or bootlaces. To carry blunts, i use Selways piggy backers. I dont like a lot of bowquivers on my bow, like a small hood and like it close to the bow. But for small shafts like the Easton Injections, the catquiver mini works perfect.
On m recurves, I designed my own two piece quiver, holds five arrows, has a small rawhide hood. It hold the arrows solid so i dont get feather rattle, and holds the arrows at an angle towards the bowstring. It hugs tight to the bow and is very lite weight....
buglmin

Postby planebow » 02 18, 2013 •  [Post 14]

I just put a Tight spot quiver on my compound. So far I realy like it. Can adjust to any arrow size. On my recurve and long bow I have Selway quivers on them
planebow

First Name: Robert
Last Name: Howard