Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Swarovski SLC vs Vortex Razor HD

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Swarovski SLC vs Vortex Razor HD

Postby S&S Archery Rob » 03 13, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Check out our latest head to head gear review. SLC's vs the Razor Hd's. Which do you prefer?

http://blog.sandsarchery.com/slcs-or-razors/
S&S Archery Rob
Site Sponsor

Re: Swarovski SLC vs Vortex Razor HD

Postby Roosiebull » 03 13, 2017 •  [Post 2]

great review....very accurate and unbiased. I like my slc's...but had the same battle, between those 2 sets of glass, in the end I thought the slc's had a distinct advantage.
Roosiebull

Postby husky390 » 03 13, 2017 •  [Post 3]

I ended up buying EL's but to my eyes, the SLC's blew away the Razors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
husky390
Wapiti Hunting - Logistics Consultant

First Name: Dave
Last Name: B

Postby TimeOnTarget » 03 15, 2017 •  [Post 4]

husky390 wrote:I ended up buying EL's but to my eyes, the SLC's blew away the Razors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the same, and agree.
TimeOnTarget

Postby Wahpeton » 04 09, 2017 •  [Post 5]

I've had a pair of Swaro 10x42 SLC for about 12 years. Awesome glass. I've picked up every pair of glass I can whenever I'm in Cableas or in the field and someone has any higher end glass. I've never looked through better. The EL are ergonomically nicer, but aren't better optically in my opinion. Vortex are very good glass, but in my honest opinion the SLC is the standard by which everything else is judged.

I wish the depth of field was deeper, probably should have considered the 8x42 for that to be better.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln
Wahpeton

Postby TimeOnTarget » 04 11, 2017 •  [Post 6]

Wahpeton wrote:I've had a pair of Swaro 10x42 SLC for about 12 years. Awesome glass. I've picked up every pair of glass I can whenever I'm in Cableas or in the field and someone has any higher end glass. I've never looked through better. The EL are ergonomically nicer, but aren't better optically in my opinion. Vortex are very good glass, but in my honest opinion the SLC is the standard by which everything else is judged.

I wish the depth of field was deeper, probably should have considered the 8x42 for that to be better.

I worked at a sporting goods store for about 10 years awhile back, we carried every major brand of optics. After the store closed myself and another guy would grab a handful of binos and take them out back. There was a cattail slough that we'd glass. Nothing touched Swaro. What was interesting though, was that in daylight, some of the lower end stuff actually appeared brighter than swaro. But let it get to dusk or even wait until 1hr after sunset when it got good and dark and the swaros were in a league of their own. It was the general consensus that the EL's edged out the SLCs in super dark conditions. Either the SLC or EL were better than anything else.
TimeOnTarget