Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Boots

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Boots

Postby Cbb » 05 28, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Ok, I wear a size 15 so my options are limited. I have had good luck with Danners. Any suggestions?

I have looked at Lowa and at some Danners on line. Getting another pair very soon looking for advice.
Cbb

Re: Boots

Postby Rangerz » 05 28, 2017 •  [Post 2]

I have Lowa Renegades and Kenetrek Mountain . Not sure if they come that size. The Lowas tend to run small.

Love the Lowas for hiking, but if packing weight prefer the Kenetreks (more support).

I where wide sizes so can appreciate your frustration in your search.
Rangerz

First Name: Chris
Last Name: Poole

Postby Swede » 05 29, 2017 •  [Post 3]

Buy boots that fit your feet well, and will preform in your environment. There is nothing worse than poor fitting boots or boots not designed for your application.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Wahpeton » 05 29, 2017 •  [Post 4]

I am a size 14, my youngest the same, my middle son is 15/16....hard to find anything for him, pain in the rear end. He uses Redwings and Wolverine for work, Cabelas boots for hunting.

The Cabelas boots seem to be on the lower end of quality in my opinion.

Myself and my youngest have had good luck with Hanwag boots from Sierra Trading Post.

If I was in your shoes (ha ha), I would look at Cabelas or military surplus options.

The military has to deal with everybody and probably have sizes going out to 18/19 or so.

Your situation is a pain in the rear end. I would love to have size 10 or 11 feet so I could buy off the rack anything I wanted, same way with bows, 32" draw length limits you greatly.

My list of brands that I'm pretty sure go to 15:
Danner
Redwing
Cabelas ( a few models)
Hanwag
Bates
Belleville
Rocky

I bet there are a lot more.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln
Wahpeton

Postby Fridaythe13th » 05 31, 2017 •  [Post 5]

I work in Red Wing they have a department for custom made boots. I bet most boot company's have that. pick out what boots you think you well like and call the company. Last year I switched to Mendel Denali buy cabelas. Blister free for the 1st time ever hunting elk. Mendel well be my next pair.
Fridaythe13th

First Name: Eric
Last Name: S

Postby Cbb » 05 31, 2017 •  [Post 6]

Thanks for the suggestions
Cbb