Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Idaho F&G Proposal-Outlaw Trail Cameras

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Idaho F&G Proposal-Outlaw Trail Cameras

Postby lamrith » 07 12, 2017 •  [Post 1]

A few proposed Idaho regs here, not really liking the Game Cam one. I can understand some of the wireless ones not being fair chase if you live local. Get the alert, hope in truck and go after animal. That is not sporting or fair chase.

But normal cam use, weeks and weeks on end that you only pickup when you come in to hunt, or every few weeks when you hike in to scout? For those of us that do not have the good fortune to live within reasonable driving distance to hunting site, Cams can sometimes be our only way to have scout an area.

https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/fish-and-g ... le-changes
'15 Elite E35. 30.5", 67#
100Gr. G5 montecs
Sportsman's Vital Impact 300spine

http://www.pelletpeddler.com
lamrith

First Name: Larry

Re: Idaho F&G Proposal-Outlaw Trail Cameras

Postby RAMMONT » 07 12, 2017 •  [Post 2]

I don't have a problem with making wireless cameras illegal to use during hunting season but I don't see a reason to restrict standard cameras.
RAMMONT

Postby wawhitey » 07 12, 2017 •  [Post 3]

RAMMONT wrote:I don't have a problem with making wireless cameras illegal to use during hunting season but I don't see a reason to restrict standard cameras.

Same here. When i put a camera somewhere, its because i know there is game there. I just want to see what the specific animals in the area are. I check my cams at home pretty regularly, but my public land cams i only check 2 or 3 times per year. Dont see what the problem is with non transmitting cams.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Elkhunttoo » 07 14, 2017 •  [Post 4]

I hope they leave basic trail cameras as is... it's a fun hobby... I don't think they are near as big of an aid as some of the newer technology. I see the use of radios is on there too. I thought they were already illegal to use in aiding hunters ??
Elkhunttoo

Postby Elkhunttoo » 07 17, 2017 •  [Post 5]

I was just thinking about this topic this morning and came up with a thought. Watching a YouTube video yesterday I see a guy that has 7 pens on his sight. I would rather see Idaho put a limit on he number of pens on a sight over the use of trail cameras. just a thought
Elkhunttoo

Postby Roosiebull » 07 17, 2017 •  [Post 6]

I think it would be nice if they were more restricted, especially during season, and maybe a good window on either end of the season. I run cams in the spring, and after November. I personally don't use them for hunting, I use them for off season hobby.

I set one out during deer season one year and decided to pull it the next day, I didn't feel right about that type of technology......at some point, technology is going to rob opportunity unless we are proactive, most people put more work into trying to make hunting easier than actually hunting.
Roosiebull