Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Consistent, Good Customer Service?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Consistent, Good Customer Service?

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 20, 2017 •  [Post 1]

What companies have you had the best, most consistent customer service from? Ya, I know we really don't want to have to use it but..... hunting products are made from various materials (and getting more complex as father time rolls on). Please, share a story of a situation that you've had to call on customer service from XXX company and have sat back in your chair and said "now that's what I'm talking about". As always, thanks. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Consistent, Good Customer Service?

Postby Tigger » 07 20, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Schnees boots. Unbelievable. I had a pair bought in 2008. Loved them. But around 2013 or 2014 they gave up the waterproofing fight and leaked. I called them last summer and said if I buy another pair how long is it reasonable for me to expect them to be waterproof? The lady said, send your pair back. I argued with her for some time that they did their duty and were well used. She was insistent. I sent them back hoping they might be able to restore the waterproofing. They sent me a new pair! Then they sent me the old pair too as their was still life left in them. Buy Schnees!
Tigger

Postby phall » 07 20, 2017 •  [Post 3]

S&s archery, exo, southshore archery arrows/parts, lathrop and sons, black ovis, kuiu
phall

First Name: patrick
Last Name: hall

Postby pointysticks » 07 21, 2017 •  [Post 4]

vortex.
buck knives
Leica recently shocked me..great CS..but i only needed their help once. so i cant call consistency yet..
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby Roosiebull » 07 21, 2017 •  [Post 5]

leupold

I have not had to use this one, and likely never will, but I think magnus is as good as it gets. Mike has reached out to me, way above and beyond, he will make it right when it comes to his products.

that being said, if I mess up a magnus head, there was a good reason, and I will not take advantage of his over generous warranty policy, I would rather buy more to support his business.....and I don't see ever having a defective head from them, so I likely will never use his awesome warranty.
Roosiebull

Postby Swede » 07 22, 2017 •  [Post 6]

Mathews and PSE bows have been great to deal with. Ditto Buck knives. They all exchange defective products or fix it very promptly.
Some dealers are great to work with. Camofire on this forum comes to mind and Elknut Outdoor Productions has been very good. I still remember how quickly Paul sent out a new Vortex Range Finder when mine broke down early in the hunting season.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby husky390 » 08 08, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Burris
Leupold
Cabelas
Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear
S&S Archery
REI
Bass Pro
Kifaru
Stone Glacier Gear
Hill People Gear
Ruger
Spyderco
CRKT

Exped and Campsaver suck.
husky390
Wapiti Hunting - Logistics Consultant

First Name: Dave
Last Name: B

Postby Elkhntr08 » 08 09, 2017 •  [Post 8]

Magnus. You just take a photo, send it to Mike and a new head shows up in the mail. It's like magic. I broke a bleeder and he sent me a new head.
Elkhntr08

Postby Elkduds » 08 09, 2017 •  [Post 9]

Leupold
Badlands
Cabelas
Amazon
Lyman
Williams Sights
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott