Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Click, click, click.....

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Click, click, click.....

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 23, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Dropped about 50 (well, maybe 8-10) trails cams in the spud state on our scout trip a week ago. Almost (almost) as enjoyable as rolling in to hunt in September is the anticipation of swapping out SD cards and viewing what the summer/early fall glamor shot sessions have shown us. Rally the only images that matter a hoot for the hunting season are the ones that show traffic/patters the week before we hunt but oh well, they're a blast to see how the activity unfolds through out the summer (bulls start to move in with the ladies late AUG/early SEP. I put out one VID cam in conjunction with a still cam on a nice saddle/natural mineral lick. REALLY anxious to see if I get some singing bulls on that spot. Lions, wolfs, elk, deer, and bears... OH MY! Click, click, click......
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: Click, click, click.....

Postby Roosiebull » 07 23, 2017 •  [Post 2]

it is a fun and good excuse to get into the woods, I may put a few out if I think I can pull them before season. it's a good reason to go put boots in new country, and you never know what will show up. I enjoy the mystery of the woods, but I run cams a few months in the off season, especially for lions.

keep us posted!
Roosiebull

Re: Click, click, click.....

Postby Tigger » 07 24, 2017 •  [Post 3]

We have 12-14 out on our deer hunting acreage. We average about 15-20,000 pics per camera pull. Got a dandy 4X4 on there right by my primary stand this year. I am sure he will stay right there until November, right?
Tigger