Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

How to "safely" install/tighten broadheads....

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

How to "safely" install/tighten broadheads....

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 29, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Folks, broad heads are very sharp out of the package. Every single year since I can remember, I hear about or see where folks have hacked their fingers putting their broad heads on/off. Yes, the broad head wrenches are part of the equation for safe install/tighten but if you take it a step further and use the vise method, you won't have a need to count how many fingers are left on your hand. Simply put your broad head wrench in a vise, put the tip on your arrow, put it down in said broad head wrench... and tighten it down (or take it off as required). I've used this method for many, many years due to having hacked my finger to the bone just screwing around with a less than effective method ;).

Magnus1.png
Magnus1.png (497.73 KiB) Viewed 1458 times

Magnus2.png
Magnus2.png (527.29 KiB) Viewed 1458 times
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Re: How to "safely" install/tighten broadheads....

Postby Elkhntr08 » 07 30, 2017 •  [Post 2]

I use the old wrench that came with Thunderheads. Drilled out the hole on the three blade end to fit Muzzys when I shot them. Works good and fits in my field kit. Had a guy spinning on 4 blade Muzzys in the shop one evening w/o a wrench, took a huge chunk out of his thumb, to the bone. Bled all over the floor. He said, "that was a dumb azz move" . Looked at him and said "Yep, here's the wrench you didn't need".
Elkhntr08

Re: How to "safely" install/tighten broadheads....

Postby >>>---WW----> » 07 30, 2017 •  [Post 3]

Good idea RJ!
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics