Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

I love my wife!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

I love my wife!!

Postby Lefty » 07 30, 2017 •  [Post 1]

20 years ago I said I would never buy $250 a dozen Bigfoot goose decoys. I ended up with Dave Smith goose decoys http://www.davesmithdecoys.com/shop/dec ... er-decoys/
At Christmas our daughter was given a 65 Yeti cooler. My wife told me no way were we ever going to make such a purchase.

I spent a few days in the Mts this past week using my daughters Yeti. Everything I took up frozen, and which came back frozen.
Today my wife ordered a Canyon Outfitter 35 for the family. http://www.canyoncoolers.com/outfitter-35.html :o :oops:
As long as it was bear rated I was happy!! Her argument was to keep fruit fresh and we could almost save supermarket/deli savings over restaurants,.. Now she is thinking my way :oops: ;)
And yesterday a piece of memory foam for over our sleeping pads that had been on a spare bed,.. and untouchable ( her law) Should make the back of the pickup very comfortable.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: I love my wife!!

Postby wawhitey » 07 30, 2017 •  [Post 2]

The memory foam in the bed of the truck is great. Mine is 4" thick and i think i bought it on amazon or ebay for less than a hundred bucks. Just add a super warm heavy sleeping bag and youre set. My truck is my motel on wheels. The canopy was a good move.
Attachments
file-6.jpg
file-6.jpg (121.89 KiB) Viewed 6555 times
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby saddlesore » 07 31, 2017 •  [Post 3]

You will find the foam sops up body moisture. In a few nights you will get colder and colder. Trick is to lay a thick blanket, maybe even carpet between you and the foam and every day turn it back so it can dry
saddlesore

Postby scubohuntr » 07 31, 2017 •  [Post 4]

A space blanket under the sleeping bag might be a good move.
scubohuntr

Postby Lefty » 07 31, 2017 •  [Post 5]

20170731_095828.jpg
[code][/code]
I have,some military high tech modified , high R rating foam with outdoor carpet to protect the foam
While it isn't rigid, it doesn't have much give. I sometimes wonder if it was really suppose to be military surpluse
Then self inflating pad. Then a,less than 2" memory foam.
I figure we shouldn't have much moisture build up with so much below the foam.

Open cell foams are such a pain to deal with. But it will keep momma happy and comfy.

Wa do you bottom out on your pad. Is the foam a problem in cold temperatures?
Lefty

Postby wawhitey » 07 31, 2017 •  [Post 6]

I dont bottom out on it. It can get hard in extreme cold, but a warm body sleeping on it will take care of that, and youll be comfortable enough. Ive spent some very cold nights in there, waking up to the truck covered in ice, and wrapped up in my -25 bag im so warm and comfortable its hard to crawl out of bed into the cold.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Roosiebull » 08 01, 2017 •  [Post 7]

Lefty, that is awesome! The things are cool, but the appreciation for your wife is much cooler ;)

I too have an amazing wife, no idea how I got so lucky, but it sure makes life awesome.

I try to convey my appreciation daily, I am a blessed man.

The appreciation is huge, taking nothing for granted, and I love reading things like you wrote!
Roosiebull

Postby CurlyTail » 08 02, 2017 •  [Post 8]

I have a dozen Dave Smith decoys as well. Just make a guy feel good - if you can get it past the wife. Well done.
CurlyTail

First Name: Jim
Last Name: B.

Postby Lefty » 08 05, 2017 •  [Post 9]

CurlyTail wrote:I have a dozen Dave Smith decoys as well. Just make a guy feel good - if you can get it past the wife. Well done.

The new DSD one piece are a whole lot cheaper, 399
Per 1/2 dozen.
:lol:
Our hardcore big spread we mostly sold.
They are a great decoy, my daughters killed a lot of geese because of them. Lots of easy shots.
I sold most of my goose gear, I was just supplying too many hunts with others, and not my kids
Lefty