Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Bow sling/carrier

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Bow sling/carrier

Postby Chad924 » 08 10, 2017 •  [Post 1]

I've used a few like primos and game plan snapshot and prefer the styler of the snapshot but the rubber knobs break and I can no longer replace them.

Does anybody use anything they like better than either one of those.

Thanks
Chad924

Re: Bow sling/carrier

Postby Elkhntr08 » 08 10, 2017 •  [Post 2]

I carry mine in a bow hook on my belt. When climbing, strap it to my pack.
Elkhntr08

Postby Swede » 08 10, 2017 •  [Post 3]

My cousin had a bow sling and used it, so I got one. Neither of us have had one for years.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby BobcatJerry » 08 10, 2017 •  [Post 4]

Think I posted this here before. I will vouch for this guys product. The "Ultimate Gun and bow sling". I saw it at the RMEF show in Reno a few years ago. It works on rifles and bows. I switched mine back and fourth, from gun to bow and made the slides for the bow out of 550 cord and a button slide. That was until I forgot to make the switch this past year and had to lug my shotgun with deer slugs around all day. I now own one for each weapon. It doesn't slide off your shoulder just as he says. I often just set it on my shoulder and carry it, but his demo shows a better way to use it. Great customer service too. Without a doubt, I think it is the best sling I've ever used. Stays on your shoulder on all types of clothing. Only thing I have had a small issue with is on parallel limb bows, Matthews Z7, you have to work a little to make it hang on to the cams at first, loop it over the cam pins and it stays on fine. It drops right off and your bow is free and clear. Been using my first one for 4 years now and love it.

Check it out. http://www.specialtyoutdoorproducts.com/ is the link. Look for the video on bows.
BobcatJerry

First Name: Jerry
Last Name: F

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 10, 2017 •  [Post 5]

I have one of the Primos bow carriers and used it on my mountain bike until I figured out that a handlebar mounted bow carrier worked much better. When backwoods hunting, and, ascending steep ingress, I just use the straps on my pack to secure my bow to facilitate hands free climbing and head in if the mission is all about just hiking/getting inthere. But.... mostly, I prefer to have my bow in my hand at all times for many reasons. What use are you talking about for a bow carrier sir?
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby stringunner » 08 14, 2017 •  [Post 6]

I use one daily walking into and out of my stand, it's too dark to shoot going in and too dark to shoot coming out, so I like my bow ina sling and then slung over my shoulder. I have used the primos one in the past, for 10+ years. This year my new Halon 32 doest fit in the primos so I bought the new cabelas version. It's nice, I like it.
stringunner

Bow sling/carrier

Postby Fozziebear2000 » 08 15, 2017 •  [Post 7]

I use a shoulder strap that holds a hook under my bow arm. Hooked to a ring lashed to the cable guide on my bow, the bow hangs right where me bow hand can find the grip. I can raise the bow to shoot easy enough, and I like have a way to take a break from carrying the bow in my hand. It's also nice when standing to glass etc.

Edit: FWIW, the hook is open and the bow ring slips right off when I raise the bow to shoot or carry by hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fozziebear2000

Postby Roosiebull » 08 16, 2017 •  [Post 8]

I bought a primos one years ago, never used it and gave it to my bro....fast forward to a couple days ago. My bow is heavier than any I have owned in the last 10+ years, and I do a good deal of walking in the dark, my fingers always get messed up holding my bow by the string, so I got another one, made by Allen, I will not use it a ton, but am happy to have it.
Roosiebull