Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

2017 External Reed Bugle Challenge RESULTS

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

2017 External Reed Bugle Challenge RESULTS

Postby elkaholicid » 08 19, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Here are the results from our 2017 External Reed Bugle Challenge. Thank you to everyone that participated and cast a vote.

elkaholicid
Site Sponsor

Re: 2017 External Reed Bugle Challenge RESULTS

Postby Swede » 08 20, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Thanks again Michael for doing this test. I am sorry I missed seeing it in time to vote. I need to look more at the gear/weapons forum. Unlike the grunt tube challenge, the results appear a lot more predictable here. Do you think changing the reeds in some of the bugles would have significantly changed the results? It just seems that the deeper tone and louder bugles have an advantage to our ears.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: 2017 External Reed Bugle Challenge RESULTS

Postby elkaholicid » 08 21, 2017 •  [Post 3]

My pleasure Swede. I'm having a lot of fun with these tests and my intent is to get people to make choices based on what they hear and not what is popular right now. Would be great if we could back to what works and not what the "In" crowd thinks is the best.

As far as the reeds go, there are some subtle differences in the reeds and also how they react to the caller using it. Example, a guy I grew up with has used the Berry Game Calls bugle for years and loves the green reed. For me, I thought the red reed worked best for my style of calling. Just shows that tubes that offer those variations really allow individuals to tailor that call to their style of calling. I have a few more these coming up and may try to get the next posted up here shortly.
elkaholicid
Site Sponsor