Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Broadhead change

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Broadhead change

Postby chipick » 08 20, 2017 •  [Post 1]

So I decided to change broadheads with 1 week till season opens here in Oregon, my decision for this was because I had bought 24 broadheads online for what I would pay for a 3 pack. Crimson talons They have done a great job over the years but have an aluminum body with replaceable blades, a lot like a muzzy, well the steel tip over one pulled out then I was removing it from my quiver, and 2 others came apart while pulling out of a white styrofoam block. Lesson learned don't buy a Japanese version of a Chinese broadhead.
chipick

Re: Broadhead change

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 20, 2017 •  [Post 2]

chipick wrote:So I decided to change broadheads with 1 week till season opens here in Oregon, my decision for this was because I had bought 24 broadheads online for what I would pay for a 3 pack. Crimson talons They have done a great job over the years but have an aluminum body with replaceable blades, a lot like a muzzy, well the steel tip over one pulled out then I was removing it from my quiver, and 2 others came apart while pulling out of a white styrofoam block. Lesson learned don't buy a Japanese version of a Chinese broadhead.

That's not good. What broadheads did you decide to go with?
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby chipick » 08 20, 2017 •  [Post 3]

I was just going to edit the post because I realized that I didn't mention that. I went with the Shuttle T Loc, was looking at the Montec G5's but sharpening the T loc would be easier to get a good edge on and I can get replacement blades
chipick

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 20, 2017 •  [Post 4]

The Shuttle T's will serve you well Chip.. They'll "get er done".

Shuttle T.png
Shuttle T.png (539.41 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ