Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Game Carts

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Game Carts

Postby six » 10 04, 2017 •  [Post 1]

Give me the good, the bad, and the ugly on game carts. I'm looking to purchase one in the next year. Will be using it on a closed logging road.
Elk are where you find em...
six

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Cool

Re: Game Carts

Postby >>>---WW----> » 10 04, 2017 •  [Post 2]

There are all sorts of them on YouTube. Take a look and decide which type might work best for you.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 10 04, 2017 •  [Post 3]

They work really well "but" it is highly recommend you have disc brakes on either your bike, your cart, or perhaps even both when descending with the cart loaded. It doesn't make for a fun time if you only have the standard rubber pad brakes on your bike and a load of meat in the cart behind you :shock:.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby olympushunt » 10 04, 2017 •  [Post 4]

WapitiTalk1 wrote:They work really well "but" it is highly recommend you have disc brakes on either your bike, your cart, or perhaps even both when descending with the cart loaded. It doesn't make for a fun time if you only have the standard rubber pad brakes on your bike and a load of meat in the cart behind you :shock:.

If it is a steep downhill gradient I would just walk it down. Disk brakes are optimal as RJ said....that or regular brakes and cotton balls for the guys behind you.

I too have been looking for one. I hear looking on Craigslist for a used "kid" cart is a good way to go as they can be modified for our application.
olympushunt

Postby Roosiebull » 10 09, 2017 •  [Post 5]

hand cart or bike cart?

if bike cart, look for a Hawkeye built cart, they are the bees knees, and can also attach them to a pack board. also check out Rambo carts, I have not used one, but they look very user friendly.

I just use the guide gear or cabelas standard cart, they are not luxurious, and not designed very well, but they do get the job done. i'm in the market for something better, if I can find a hawkeye built, I will probably go that route.
Roosiebull