Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Game bags

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Game bags

Postby Lonnie » 10 23, 2017 •  [Post 1]

I'm thinking of making game bags for sale. So as the hunting season is drawing to a close. I'm sure that those of that have used your game bags. Have learned there is things we could change to make them better. I'm thinking about making game bags and I would like to see what you guys would like to see in a meat bag. So that I could put some good ideas to making it better on those who use game bags. I have been packing meat in game bags for years and have always found that I want better out of my bags. So here I am wanting to build them to have better. So let me know what you think. Thanks as always.
Lonnie

Re: Game bags

Postby Navesgane » 11 02, 2017 •  [Post 2]

Lightweight, packable, durable and breathable. If they are reusable they should be washable. If they're disposable they shouldn't be too expensive. Hope that helps.
Instagram @jeff.reilly1
Navesgane

First Name: Jeff

Postby Tigger » 11 02, 2017 •  [Post 3]

they cannot rip. sharp bones tear the cheap ones. Also, a little reflective material to find them easier in the dark is nice. A drawstring to close them. Loops to help secure them to the pack frame would also be nice. hope that helps.
Tigger

Postby Backyard » 11 02, 2017 •  [Post 4]

Tigger wrote:they cannot rip. sharp bones tear the cheap ones. Also, a little reflective material to find them easier in the dark is nice. A drawstring to close them. Loops to help secure them to the pack frame would also be nice. hope that helps.

This, and taper em slightly top to bottom so that the meat doesn't end up in a ball at the bottom after a little settling from packing out.
Backyard

Postby olympushunt » 11 02, 2017 •  [Post 5]

Perhaps a sewn in loop at the top or a draw string to close it. I get annoyed when you take your quarters into a meat lock for them to hang it and they punch a hole through the bag with the meat hook! I ask them to use the knot to hang from but still....it it had a loop at the top I would insist they use it! Perhaps you could include a fold up person in the bag to help me pack out the animal too. Thx.
olympushunt