Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Black Friday shopping.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Black Friday shopping.

Postby Lefty » 11 26, 2017 •  [Post 1]

I don't spend a lot of time shopping. I also tend to only purchase items on sale or clearance.And would like to think I only purchase items I have been think about for some time just waiting to not feel the pain of the twisting knife in my gut price.
Maybe Im cheap, maybe I don't like to spend money on clothes, Maybe I don't have the desire to have the latest and greatest, maybe I'm looking only for real value not perceived value. Maybe I don't fall for false prices and fake advertised sales,maybe Im not as trendy as some, maybe I'm just cheap. ( OK I am cheap, on some items: Many items from Walmart serve me well. )
And maybe it doesn't fit in the budget, or worth the grief from my wife :D after purchasing.

I am defiantly not an impulse buyer.

For the first time in the past 48 years Friday I was not hunting or trapping in the woods, lakes or plains of this great country. I even went "shopping. on Black Friday. Well I needed boots to pour concrete and Cal ranch had 25-40% off boots. Well maybe not shopping and not a really a good "deal". I walked right over to the rubber boots, Saw the Lacrosse boots in my size and on sale ( :roll: ) then impulsed bought an energy drink :shock:

Ime jealous, Who went hunting Friday? And who is shopping this week?
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: Black Friday shopping.

Postby Elkhntr08 » 11 26, 2017 •  [Post 2]

For the first time in a dozen years we didn’t get up at the butt crack of dawn and fight the crowds. We slept in, went out for breakfast and got to the first store around. No crowds to fight, got everything we didn’t need and checked out quick. Second store, looked at the line, went to the bathroom and left. Returned home, had coffee and took a nap. All in all, one of the best Black Fridays ever.
Getting to the point in life were I hate crowds.
Elkhntr08

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 11 26, 2017 •  [Post 3]

Hung out at the house. I can't remember ever going out into the chaos to grab an in store item on black Friday (although, Mrs. W tell me we did it many years ago for Xmas presents for our daughter). I did however, take a advantage of the big ol' Sitka on line gear sale I was fortunate enough to be involved with. Well, not so much me but bought the Mrs. a handful of items. She is now better geared up than me during rain storms, LOL.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby saddlesore » 11 28, 2017 •  [Post 4]

Not me,I refuse to go out into that chaos.No matter how good the deals are
saddlesore

Postby Tigger » 11 29, 2017 •  [Post 5]

I did, but not for me. I bought Fleet Farm out of hearing protection and youth banshee bows for your Youth Outdoor Activity Day. I saved about $600 for the event so I guess it was worth it. On a scale like that, I think it was worth it. Plus, there were entertaining moments.
Tigger

Postby Lefty » 11 30, 2017 •  [Post 6]

saddlesore wrote:Not me,I refuse to go out into that chaos.No matter how good the deals are

I didnt have any plans to "shop" Just needed new boots for concrete
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H