Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

WalMart Archery Clearance

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

WalMart Archery Clearance

Postby Old school » 03 03, 2018 •  [Post 1]

Just a FYI for the bargain shoppers out there - WalMart has some crazy cheap prices out there on their archery equipment right now - Rage, Ramcat, Slick Trick, all arrows, etc...

2 weeks ago I bought 18 of the arrows I shoot - Carbon Express Mutiny 350's w/ a wrap and 2" vanes for $3.50 each - yesterday I went back and the last 3 were marked down to $2.

Also bought 9 packs of the Mossy Oak Inflictor "powered by Slick Trick" - they are Slick Tricks, just in different packaging. 100 gr 4 blade with a 1 1/4" diameter - $7 for a 3 pack - mercy is that cheap.

Scent Killer spray, wipes, laundry detergent - all more than 50% off an already good price.

--Mitch
Old school

Re: WalMart Archery Clearance

Postby wawhitey » 03 03, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Walmarts new policy is to not sell any guns or ammo to anybody under 21yo. Dont shop at walmart.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Lefty » 03 03, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Generally just store sale.
When in northern Utah the Walmart would drastically mark items down 80, 90 % doesn't happen here in Idaho.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby pointysticks » 03 05, 2018 •  [Post 4]

i went yesterday. the siren songs of cheap Ramcats dragged me into that store. i hate the feeling of Walmarts. they are so dark and dingy. it's like where shopping enthusiasm goes to die.

no Ramcats. just a pile of arrows left. if anyone finds cheap ramcats please let me know :D
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby Swede » 03 05, 2018 •  [Post 5]

I used to pick up things on clearance sale at MalWart, but now the sales are 10% off. You can do better on Black Friday. Mitch you must have a special situation that is not being repeated everywhere.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Old school » 03 05, 2018 •  [Post 6]

Pointysticks - the ramcats were 50% off when I saw them here. The only broadheads they didn't have discounted were the Muzzy 3 blades that I normally shoot and the Montec G5's which I wanted to try out - but not for $40 for a 3 pack. $20 for a 3 pack and I'm a buyer. I haven't seen that yet though. They did have about 20 packs of the Montec's stuck in the clearance aisle but they were still full price so I went and got an employee and was told that sometimes the archery stuff just gets stuck there even though its not on sale. I went back to check again last week and they were all gone. Something tells me that employee had no idea what they were saying and when they did get marked down 50% someone bought them all. Right place, right time...

Swede - must be a Midwest thing. We've got 7 WalMarts within a 45 minute drive - I hit them all and there is no rhyme or reason to their discounts. Some stores still had their Mutiny arrows at full price $7.97 while others had them marked down to $2 - I bought the last 3 arrows for $2 each. I also bought those Slick Tricks just to try them. Couldn't pass them up for $7 for a 3 pack.

Anytime I ask an employee they can never give me a good answer why stores discount differently. The only reasonable answer I received was that some stores carry archery year round, so no discounts there, while other stores consider it "seasonal" so they discount certain items to open up shelf space.

--Mitch
Old school

Postby ishy » 03 07, 2018 •  [Post 7]

I hate Walmart, but have learned to keep on eye out this time of year there and Kmart. Got 28 Gold Tips last week for $9 for a four pack.
ishy

First Name: Bryan
Last Name: L

Postby Mathewsz7-elkridge » 03 07, 2018 •  [Post 8]

I am jealous Walmarts around hear doesn't carry quality archery equipment. I do stock up on a lot of dead down wind stuff though.
Mathewsz7-elkridge