Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Inreach

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Inreach

Postby Mathewsz7-elkridge » 03 05, 2018 •  [Post 1]

Does any have an inreach? Which model should I get? Anything to stay away from?
Mathewsz7-elkridge

Re: Inreach

Postby Brendan » 03 05, 2018 •  [Post 2]

I personally have used the yellow one - the Delorme Inreach SE for the last 4 years, but not the newer Garmin model. Personally - I think that's all you need, as I don't really like the GPS Navigation capabilities from the Orange one from what I've seen.

I can Bluetooth connect it to my phone, get satellite weather reports in the field, contact anyone by text via Satellite, and use it as an emergency beacon / location tracker. Battery life is great too.
Brendan

First Name: Brendan

Postby llewokj » 03 05, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Brendan wrote:I personally have used the yellow one - the Delorme Inreach SE for the last 4 years, but not the newer Garmin model. Personally - I think that's all you need, as I don't really like the GPS Navigation capabilities from the Orange one from what I've seen.

I can Bluetooth connect it to my phone, get satellite weather reports in the field, contact anyone by text via Satellite, and use it as an emergency beacon / location tracker. Battery life is great too.

Ageed! Use it all the time and it works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
llewokj

First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Kowell

Postby Tigger » 03 05, 2018 •  [Post 4]

So now the Earthmate app is owned by Garmin, so if I buy an old Delorme InReach, will that work fine with the Garmin Earthmate?
Tigger

Postby Brendan » 03 05, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Tigger wrote:So now the Earthmate app is owned by Garmin, so if I buy an old Delorme InReach, will that work fine with the Garmin Earthmate?
Yes.

Best bang for the buck would be the Delorme Inreach SE. Great unit. The Garmin Inreach SE is a newer version, that's probably what I'll buy if/when I buy another, but I don't know if there's much difference other than cosmetic.
Brendan

First Name: Brendan

Postby Mathewsz7-elkridge » 03 06, 2018 •  [Post 6]

Thanks for the information. Sounds like I will be purchasing one.
Mathewsz7-elkridge