Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

New Wall Tent

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

New Wall Tent

Postby Swede » 03 28, 2018 •  [Post 1]

I have a new 12X14 wall tent from the Wall Tent Shop. I ordered it with the large Wilderness heating stove and its accessories. The tent has a back door and an extra window. Everything looks excellent and I am looking forward to setting it up. All I am waiting for now is a little dry weather. We have not had a day without rain for a couple of weeks.
The Wall Tent Shop folks were very helpful, and prompt in their delivery. I had several questions which they were willing and able to provide answers for. This is the largest tent with the heaviest canvas I have ever had. It is also the largest heater I have ever had in a tent too.
If one of you jerks comes stumbling into camp some evening, I should be able to provide shelter for you, and probably a warm meal. Just don't press your luck. You are not using my cot and memory-foam mattress. :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: New Wall Tent

Postby Tigger » 03 28, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Party at Swede's! Everyone invited!
Tigger

Postby saddlesore » 03 28, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Door front and back is good. Mine was12 x15 and just about perfect. 2 people sitting area and kitchen all fit nicely. Three if you are real friendly Most folks go oversize on the stoves,but sitting around in your shirt sleeves during a blizzard has no down side . Where's the stove jack? Internal frame or external?
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Swede » 03 28, 2018 •  [Post 4]

The stove jack is up front and through the top on the side. It has an internal frame. I ordered it the welded angles but without the straight conduit pieces. I got them at the local Ace Hardware. I would have bought the conduit at Home Despot, but they would not cut it and I have a 6 1/2 foot pickup bed with a double door canopy. I will post a picture sometime when I get it all set up. It is so wet and cool out now, it would take forever to dry out. It came with a mildew/mold stopper, but I don't want to test it yet. It also came with fire retardant. :D
Swede

Postby Elkduds » 03 28, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Congratulations on your canvas cabin. Nothing quite like a wall tent and wood stove in elk camp.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby Indian Summer » 03 29, 2018 •  [Post 6]

Are those wood stoves square? I love their tents. I have a 10 by 12 from the Wall Tent Shop. But I don’t care for square stoves. The flat sides warp.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Swede » 03 29, 2018 •  [Post 7]

Joe: I got the square one alright. I did not know, but that was one of my questions. That was what was recommended. It was the same price as the rounded one, and they said it would hold more wood to keep the fire going through the night. It seemed a little easier to haul than a rounded one. It may be a mistake.
Will not over heating it keep it from warping?
Swede

Postby saddlesore » 03 29, 2018 •  [Post 8]

I had a Sims fold up stove for 20+ years.Rectangular box type, thin sheet metal. It warped a little bit,but never so much that it would not go together.
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics