Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Snob? Who me?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Snob? Who me?

Postby Tigger » 04 20, 2018 •  [Post 1]

I got to thinking after reading about the sock thread. I am sock snob. I like good socks and am picky about it. Then I got thinking about other things that I like only the good stuff. So I made a list.

Apples. I like Honeycrisp apples and really struggle to eat any other apple. How did that happen? Not sure, but it did.

Schnees boots. I will wear other footwear so maybe not a snob, but man do I like them.

Sitka. Yeah, I am gonna get ridiculed for this, but boy do I like their stuff. If you look around, you can find some pretty good deals on it too. I could wear it all the time but my wife isn't particularly fond of camo.

Socks. Merino wool. mostly Smartwool

Beretta shotguns. The best pure and simple. If anybody doesn't agree with this they are wrong. :!: :lol:

So what are you a snob about? Despite the connotation, I don't think it is all bad to be a snob about some things. What things are you willing to pay more for the better quality?
Tigger

Re: Snob? Who me?

Postby Navesgane » 04 20, 2018 •  [Post 2]

If anything, I'm a beer snob. West coast hops or GTFO
Instagram @jeff.reilly1
Navesgane

First Name: Jeff

Postby Brendan » 04 20, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Navesgane wrote:If anything, I'm a beer snob. West coast hops or GTFO
Living within easy driving distance of Treehouse, Trillium, Alchemist, Lawson's Finest, Hill Farmstead: I'll go with the New England Beer Snob....
Brendan

First Name: Brendan

Postby wawhitey » 04 20, 2018 •  [Post 4]

For me its clothes. Im a sucker for high quality clothing. Have a fortune in wool laying around.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Elkhunttoo » 04 20, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Chocolate!!! Don't buy the fake cheap stuff around the holidays, always get the name brand!! :D
Elkhunttoo

Postby Swede » 04 21, 2018 •  [Post 6]

I don't like junk, but I can't think of anything I am so particular about that a different brand is out of the question. I like Honeycrisp apples and Danner boots seem to fit well. They are not necessarily any better than some others, but they fit. I like Ford pickups, but the others don't offend me. What offends me is some character, with a new Chev or Dodge that wants me to drive him around so his truck stays clean and pristine.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 04 22, 2018 •  [Post 7]

Well you like Honey crisp because they were developed in Minnesota,.. Most of those other apples are crap anyway,.. Why would anyone like commercial" red delicious anyway!

I like my Benellis and Brownings and Rugers!
I need to agree with you on Sitka and Merino wool
I use to be only a Ford guy!

Until the recent production run on goose decoys I was a Dave Smith Decoy guy,.. I still owned other brands

Most items I purchase the quality I want and that I feel is whith in our budget.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Roosiebull » 04 23, 2018 •  [Post 8]

Swarovski binos, I have turned into a glass snob (just got another set)

Clothing, I have spent lots of money on clothes, work, play, and out and about

Guns, not a true snob, but have no desire to own cheap budget guns. Guns are a long term investment, so I like nice ones.

Fishing gear, especially rods, most of my salmon and steelhead rods are 4-600 each. I spend lots of time using them, and I like refined tools for the task.
Roosiebull

Postby Lefty » 04 23, 2018 •  [Post 9]

Roosiebull wrote:Fishing gear, especially rods, most of my salmon and steelhead rods are 4-600 each. I spend lots of time using them, and I like refined tools for the task.

While living in Vancouver Washington we were having some work being done on our boat. The attached building was making 3 different manufactures rods in 3 different rooms. The gals building the rods would punch in and out as they passed through rooms, building different big name brand.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Roosiebull » 04 23, 2018 •  [Post 10]

There is a HUGE difference in a 150 rod, and a 600 dollar rod. Trust me, if they were close in quality and usability I would fish cheaper rods.

I have been to Loomis and lamiglas, those 2 companies build in house, nobody is building their rods.

It's like comparing low end leupold binos and swarovski
Roosiebull