Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

EZV sight

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

EZV sight

Postby Roosiebull » 04 30, 2018 •  [Post 1]

anyone here try one yet? I just got mine today and will be running it through the paces here soon. I am always leery of putting something unfamiliar on my bow, I like familiarity when shooting, but I cannot ignore the concept of this sight, or the overwhelming good reviews, virtually everyone who tries it likes it, and it sounds like it works as advertised.

quite an innovative concept, kudos to Aaron for designing it.

I got the box with this bulletproof looking sight, printed directions, and lots of hand written extras, as well as a whole separate set of inserts with a note stapled to it "just in case"

pretty good first impression, and you will not get that treatment from a big archery company. I will update as I get familiar with the sight.
Roosiebull

Re: EZV sight

Postby Navesgane » 05 01, 2018 •  [Post 2]

I've been looking at these and will probably get one soon. Looking forward to your review. It would be awesome to not have to rely on a separate piece of electronic gear to know what pin to use.
Instagram @jeff.reilly1
Navesgane

First Name: Jeff

Postby pointysticks » 05 01, 2018 •  [Post 3]

a few questions/comments.

i had to google it. had no idea what you all were talking about.

first i watched his video. he showed him shooting balls. he would show the hole and indicate a center punch shot..you can rotate a ball into an orientation and make it look like a center shot. he never shows the second (exit) hole on the other side of the sphere.

and high up in a tree stand: how does that sight compensate for a sharp down angle?
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby Roosiebull » 06 02, 2018 •  [Post 4]

I knew I was going to like this sight, I knew it was going to take awhile to warm up to though..... I was wrong in one of those assumptions ;)

I mounted the sight using the included directions, shot 1 arrow, made an adjustment, shot 2 arrows, made an adjustment, backed up to 30, shot 2 arrows, small adjustment, back to 40......WOW! I only have 100gr heads right now, so i'm waiting to adjust elevation until my 150's show up, but holy smokes, for being such a foreign sight picture, i'm amazed how well this sight shoots, I did not expect touching arrows at 40 yds my first time shooting this sight.

once my mind calculates the size of sphere you "frame" I believe this sight will be a game changer for me. I have never really liked pins, little dot moving around, this sight creates a lot more relaxed sight picture. I am super impressed, and really excited to get more time behind it!

first 40 yd pair (almost ruined one of my new arrows!)
Attachments
EZV.jpg
EZV.jpg (215.9 KiB) Viewed 2816 times
Roosiebull

Postby Roosiebull » 06 03, 2018 •  [Post 5]

pointysticks wrote:a few questions/comments.

i had to google it. had no idea what you all were talking about.

first i watched his video. he showed him shooting balls. he would show the hole and indicate a center punch shot..you can rotate a ball into an orientation and make it look like a center shot. he never shows the second (exit) hole on the other side of the sphere.

and high up in a tree stand: how does that sight compensate for a sharp down angle?

how I will likely use it, is use it like a regular sight, use the "tick marks" as pins, but in those quick shot opportunities with not time to range, instead of just guessing (which I have never been good at with an elk in front of me) you have a reference point, so you don't have to just guess.

the open sight picture alone is awesome, very relaxed compared to holding a pin on target.

I generally take awhile to warm up to new stuff, and was VERY surprised how consistent my shooting was the first time trying the EZV.

Aaron has a good return policy, if you buy one and don't like it, send it back no questions asked, pretty straightforward. he is a small "made in the USA" business with excellent customer service, perfect type of business to support. another great feature is no broken fiber optics again! that's a big asset here on the coast, it's a bomb proof sight, my tighspot screwed right on. I am very excited and will be ordering another for my backup bow very shortly.

I did not expect to have such a good first impression, but I do.

there has been a ton of naysayers since he developed this sight, but over time, it seems like everyone who tries it, loves it. that is why I got one, all of the positive feedback, and the only negative feedback was from people who haven't tried it. for people who suffer target panic, it would really be beneficial to try it, because it does have a very relaxed sight picture.

killer sight, and as well as I like it in my back yard, it's really going to shine in the woods. very innovative, and it's not a gimmick at all. I will be curious to see how it does at long range, like 80 yds (though I will only shoot half that distance at healthy game)

I think this sight is custom made for me.
Roosiebull