Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Bow advice/epiphany

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Bow advice/epiphany

Postby Tigger » 07 19, 2018 •  [Post 1]

So I got a new bow a year ago. I have always felt something wasn't quite right. I couldn't put a finger on it. Probably me. Maybe a problem with a new bow? Doubt it. So I went to a new archery shop based on the recommendation of someone I really trust.

OHMYGOSH. It took this guy about 15 minutes. I shot the bow. It was like magic. Cam timing was off and some other stuff. Now I haven't shot since last year. I shot 15 arrows at 20 yards. 12 of the 15 were in the X ring. the other 3 were barely out of it. My confidence level soared to new heights. I woke up this morning with a smile on my face. I feel so good with my shooting, I might shoot my bull at 350-400 yards this year! Maybe more! 700 on a full run? No problem! In truth, I am not a great archer. Good? Eh, maybe on a good day. But nowhere near the skill level many people have. But having my bow shoot like that is just a great feeling!

The serious point of this post is this-if you feel something is not quite right, go get someone who really knows their stuff to look at your bow. I hope this helps 1 person get the feeling I have right now. Matter of fact, I am wondering why I would even practice anymore! Wahoo! :lol: :D :D :D
Tigger

Re: Bow advice/epiphany

Postby lamrith » 07 20, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Right on Tigger! GO GIT SOME!

I fully agree it is almost magical when you know your gear is dialed in and working right. Provides lots of confidence knowing things are solid on the gear side and no questioning of it.

I struggled early last year with a new bow. loved the draw and how the bow felt on shot, but it was just not consistent for me. I tinkered with my rest a bit and that did not help. I started looking and found marks on my arrow that should not be there. Switched out my rest and viola! Super consistent every shot now, and I know it will put the arrow where I tell it to.
'15 Elite E35. 30.5", 67#
100Gr. G5 montecs
Sportsman's Vital Impact 300spine

http://www.pelletpeddler.com
lamrith

First Name: Larry