Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Frog toggs

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Frog toggs

Postby currie » 08 12, 2018 •  [Post 1]

Anyone use this rain suit for Hunting. If so is it noisey or decently quite. And does it work
currie

Re: Frog toggs

Postby Navesgane » 08 12, 2018 •  [Post 2]

I use them for hiking, work and hunting and like them a lot but theyre not durable at all. Most of mine have duct tape patches on them. Theyre not good to use with a pack tho- the pack straps wear thru them and cause them to leak but theyre cheap and lightweight enough to put on and hunker down or do some hunting/hiking somewhere where you aren't going to have a lot of brush rub them. Theyre not the quietest raingear but not too loud either. I'll probably upgrade next year to something more durable if I can find something that packs down the same and is as lightweight, but for $20- they do the job.
Instagram @jeff.reilly1
Navesgane

First Name: Jeff

Postby currie » 08 12, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Navesgane wrote:I use them for hiking, work and hunting and like them a lot but theyre not durable at all. Most of mine have duct tape patches on them. Theyre not good to use with a pack tho- the pack straps wear thru them and cause them to leak but theyre cheap and lightweight enough to put on and hunker down or do some hunting/hiking somewhere where you aren't going to have a lot of brush rub them. Theyre not the quietest raingear but not too loud either. I'll probably upgrade next year to something more durable if I can find something that packs down the same and is as lightweight, but for $20- they do the job.

Thanks for the input.
currie

Postby saddlesore » 08 12, 2018 •  [Post 4]

That is what I found also.Same with the Cabelas packables that are about $100, top and bottom each.These are not the MT050 though.
I bought the Bass Pro Dry Plus that run about $60 each for top and bottom.They are quiet.I am using them the third year this year and they still don't leak.
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Indian Summer » 08 13, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Ditto Navesgame. Not bad but don’t last long at all.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro