Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Canvas wall tent repair

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Canvas wall tent repair

Postby NorthIDTLH » 09 23, 2018 •  [Post 1]

My dad recently gave me an old wall tent to use, which needs some tears repaired. Where do you guys get canvas to repair these sort of issues?
NorthIDTLH

Re: Canvas wall tent repair

Postby Swede » 09 24, 2018 •  [Post 2]

I would be careful about sewing new canvas to old. I would advise calling The Wall Tent Shop that is a sponsor here. I have found them very helpful and good to deal with. You might even take your tent down to them if you have a free day. Let us know how this tent repair works out for you.
I got rid of my old tent two years ago after one last hunt. It was hard to part with as it had been used since my kinds were still in three cornered pants. It started to tear and I was chasing little rips here and there. The old material was just rotten. I also remember dad sewed some canvas to an old tent. The tent did not last long after that, but it may have been that it was just too old anyway. It seems it started tearing in other areas, so he threw it out after another hunt or two.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby >>>---WW----> » 10 20, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Around here, everyone used to take them to the local saddle shop. They did canvas work as well as leather.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Indian Summer » 10 22, 2018 •  [Post 4]

>>>---WW----> wrote:Around here, everyone used to take them to the local saddle shop. They did canvas work as well as leather.

Exactly! But if you do live in northern Idaho as your name suggests and Moscow isn’t to far I’d go to the wall tent shop. Big Sky Tents in Missoula will fix them too.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro