Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Stuck in purgatory

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Stuck in purgatory

Postby wawhitey » 10 26, 2018 •  [Post 1]

Man, I have so much i need to do still to get ready for deer season, opens on the 10th. Im stuck in alaska, hiding out from bad weather. Turning circles for days and days... Well, i think we had enough of a weather window to head across the gulf today, but we are erring on the side of caution.  Couple more days up here at least.  Maybe home on the 5th?  And thats a best case scenario. Hard to say now.  This is getting old fast. Guess ill just keep going round and round..... really expected to be home by now, getting more stands hung etc, but the weather doesnt seem to care about my hunting season.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Stuck in purgatory

Postby Tigger » 10 26, 2018 •  [Post 2]

Oh, that doesn't sound good. I hope you don't get delayed further than the 5th!
Tigger

Postby Swede » 10 26, 2018 •  [Post 3]

I can empathize with you Whitey. For me it was just the opposite when I was working. Forest fire situations ruined several of my hunts.
The craziest happened very early on the opening morning of the November rifle elk season. I heard a knock on the door. I thought it was my hunting partner coming over about an hour before he was due. I opened the door only to see the Fire Management Officer for the District standing there. He said I was headed to San Bernardino. At first I thought it was a joke, but he was not kidding. The Santa Anna winds were pushing a big one. I finally got back home, totally wore out, with only one day left in the season.
I hope you have better luck.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 10 27, 2018 •  [Post 4]

Safe work and journey back Dean. Hope you have a great late hunt when you return to the lower 48!
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby wawhitey » 10 27, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Weathers coming down, going to make a run for it tonight. Should be back to seattle saturday night, but unfortunately im going to have to stick around until monday, as there was a drinking incident which i was not involved in, but the whole crew has to go to a meeting in the office monday morning. Just what i wanted after a 2 month trip, to get off the boat and have to stick around seattle for the weekend. :( oh well, home on the night of the 5th, beats a kick in the nuts i guess.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby Lsb » 10 28, 2018 •  [Post 6]

wawhitey wrote: oh well, home on the night of the 5th, beats a kick in the nuts i guess.

True dat. Safe travels and good luck with the deer
Lsb