Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

All I want for Christmas is!!!!!!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

All I want for Christmas is!!!!!!!

Postby Lefty » 12 16, 2018 •  [Post 1]

Maybe this thread should be on the Gear and Weapons page!

At first I thought there isnt much I want or need for next archery elk season. How ever my wife and I are looking at a small toy hauler bumper-pull camp trailer.
Sure would be nice on those colder or wet nights. Just so much easier crawling into a bed then the back of a pickup. Yep Im willing to dump money to be able to sit upright to put warm boots and clothes on!
Im not complaining too much, but my bones and muscles ache. :P
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: All I want for Christmas is!!!!!!!

Postby Indian Summer » 12 16, 2018 •  [Post 2]

I bought a 27 foot toy hauler this spring so that’s off my list. This year I want a Li Tent spike tent from Buck Stitch canvas. It’ll be a really good asset to help me be where I need to be early and late without sacrificing hours of sleep and a long hike or ride at the beginning and end of every day. At only 25 pounds I decided it was a better choice than some of the nylon lighter tents I considered. I know it will last longer too.

This model has 2 foot walls but I’m going with 4 foot because I sleep on a cot. Excited!!!
Attachments
E3710475-44B1-4DB2-9041-DA5FCEE34E68.jpeg
E3710475-44B1-4DB2-9041-DA5FCEE34E68.jpeg (63.86 KiB) Viewed 5383 times
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Elkduds » 12 16, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Great elk habitat on public lands. I'll gladly share my gift w all WTers.

Please consider joining and supporting organizations that protect and enhance wildlife habitat and public lands for future generations of elk and hunters.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby Swede » 12 16, 2018 •  [Post 4]

I have not decided what I would like the W.T. folks to get me for Christmas. Maybe someday I will be inspired again to join someone on a hunt.
Two weeks ago my wife asked me what I would like for Christmas. She is still waiting for an answer. Maybe I will look at what the sponsors here have for sale.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Lefty » 12 16, 2018 •  [Post 5]

Indian Summer wrote:I bought a 27 foot toy hauler this spring so that’s off my list. ,,,,

We really had to look for a short toyhauler. All the local RV dealers had excuses, but none had toy haulers shorter than 28 foot.

We want to get to places to trailer camp without others,.. Two areas where we hunt we have never seen a trailer of any kind. Just our 8 foot enclosed and 12 foot flat. . I like to hunt right from camp keeping the noise down
Lefty

Postby Lefty » 12 16, 2018 •  [Post 6]

Swede wrote:I have not decided what I would like the W.T. folks to get me for Christmas.

For some reason I ve heard coal was in order :twisted:
Lefty

Postby Lsb » 12 16, 2018 •  [Post 7]

A new motor for my log splitter. I'll post a picture of it in the axes and hatchets thread when I get it rebuilt.
Lsb

Postby Swede » 12 16, 2018 •  [Post 8]

Lefty, I think you and that delinquent Lsb should take turns for two weeks being my camp cook and bringing thermoses of hot coffee and hot soup daily to my tree stand. You two should do something useful for a change instead of just hunting. If you do a good job, I might permit you two to hunt from a couple of my stands.
Swede

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 12 16, 2018 •  [Post 9]

Just continued good health and the ability, drive, and desire to hunt elk yet another year :D.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Elkhntr08 » 12 17, 2018 •  [Post 10]

Well, we bought a 42’ toy hauler. 30’ of it is for the wife and the back 12’ is mine. There is nothing material that I want for Christmas. I want health and happiness for family and friends.
Elkhntr08

Postby Lsb » 12 17, 2018 •  [Post 11]

Swede wrote:Lefty, I think you and that delinquent Lsb should take turns for two weeks being my camp cook and bringing thermoses of hot coffee and hot soup daily to my tree stand. You two should do something useful for a change instead of just hunting. If you do a good job, I might permit you two to hunt from a couple of my stands.

I'll cook, you'll be paying me to come back. Delivering to the trees tand, no. Soup, no. Tree stand hunting, no. Can your guts handle red chilli meat?
Attachments
red0.jpg
red0.jpg (211.7 KiB) Viewed 5360 times
Lsb

Postby Tigger » 12 17, 2018 •  [Post 12]

I want a new pair of Crocs. yes, those Crocs. The ones that area oooohh so comfy, made of rubber and have holes all around. Did you know what the holes are for? To let your dignity run out. But mine are wore out and there is nothing better to run out to the garage in or use for lake day or whatever. And of course health and happiness for my friends and family.
Tigger

Postby Lefty » 12 17, 2018 •  [Post 13]

Swede wrote:Lefty, I think you and that delinquent Lsb should take turns for two weeks being my camp cook and bringing thermoses of hot coffee and hot soup daily to my tree stand. You two should do something useful for a change instead of just hunting. If you do a good job, I might permit you two to hunt from a couple of my stands.

I can’t answer for Lsb .
But I’m sure my calander is full no matter those two weeks.
I’m sure I could warm so a can of Campbell’s soup and figure out how to make coffees and keep the coffee bitter .
Lefty

Postby Swede » 12 17, 2018 •  [Post 14]

Lefty wrote:I’m sure I could warm so a can of Campbell’s soup and figure out how to make coffees and keep the coffee bitter .

I like Campbell's soups just fine and bitter coffee (Starbucks) is ok. Just don't threaten to bring me that burnt Mormon hayseed (Postum). Yuck!
Swede

Postby Lefty » 12 17, 2018 •  [Post 15]

Swede wrote:
Lefty wrote:,,,, can of Campbell’s soup ,,,,,,
Ive had my lifes fill,
Havent met my quota on Dinty Moore stew ;)

Lsb that chili looks soooo gooood!!!!
Lefty

Postby Swede » 12 17, 2018 •  [Post 16]

I made a large pot of chili today. My wife rationed me miserably on what I was allowed though because I had too big of a store bought lunch. I would much rather have the chili and I Lsb's would be just fine if it is not toooo spicy hot.

Lefty Dinty Moore is good. Bring that if you don't want Campbell's anything. I agree some of it is only fit for mixing with something else. I can heat a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom and mix it with some chunks of meat and call it "gourmet". You might know it was chuck steak or chuck roast, but it is still very edible.
Swede

Postby Lsb » 12 18, 2018 •  [Post 17]

It's pretty hot. You'll sweat eating it and yell come on ice cream the next day.
Lsb

Postby Swede » 12 18, 2018 •  [Post 18]

After over 50 years of marriage to a Hispanic woman, I am kinda accustomed to hot. It can be made too hot for enjoyment, but I can go with more than the average. It is interesting that I never get the after-burn people talk about.
That said, I would like to try a small dose of your chili and go from there. Maybe a tablespoon full before you load up my thermos would be in order. :D
Swede