Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Better living thru chemistry

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Better living thru chemistry

Postby saddlesore » 01 28, 2019 •  [Post 1]

I had the last four teeth of my uppers pulled today to get a new set of chompers from a partial denture to a full denture. Got put to sleep to get them pulled. Two hours later at home, I am taking Tramadol.This stuff will let you take a trip without leaving the farm

Probably tomorrow getting the new one fitted properly at the dentist might not as bad but not fun.
For sure,it is a heck of a lot less painful than when I had that new shoulder put in last year.
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Re: Better living thru chemistry

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 01 28, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Get some rest mister, glad the MEDS are doing their job.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 01 28, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Best wishes Saddlesore. I am getting fitted for a couple of implants next week. I don't know if that was the right choice, but my dentist insists it is. I am ignorant about this implant operation. Maybe I will need drugs to keep the pain in check or maybe I will be smiling like the characters on TV after their treatment.

RJ, Can I start a Go Fund Me account here? I think this implant deal is likely to get expensive.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby saddlesore » 01 29, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Swede wrote:Best wishes Saddlesore. I am getting fitted for a couple of implants next week. I don't know if that was the right choice, but my dentist insists it is. I am ignorant about this implant operation. Maybe I will need drugs to keep the pain in check or maybe I will be smiling like the characters on TV after their treatment.

RJ, Can I start a Go Fund Me account here? I think this implant deal is likely to get expensive.

Here I sit at 3 AM with eyes wide open. Drugs must induce some kind of stimulant

I have had two implants on lower jaw in anticipation of dentures there. My cost were about $4000 each. I have no dental insurance.

If starting from he beginning and a tooth needs pull. That is about $400.Then wait 4 months + more if for the healing and hole to fill in.If it is an upper tooth there is a chance that it extends into the sinus sinus and plug must be put in.Add $300 to the extraction.

Next is amount of jaw bone present. If not enough add $500 for a bone graph and wait another 6 months to heal. The insertion of implant, about $2000 minimum.Wait another 6 months for the bone to solidify/ grow around it.

Then you go into a dentist he does an impression to make crown that goes on the implant. When that is done, a stud is fitted into the implant and the crown is attached. This part runs $1500-$1800. Got to watch they don't drill to deep when installing the implant.That will effect the nerve and cause numbness that might or might not go away. It took mine a year, Even getting close to the nerve will let the implant apply pressure and you have numbness. BTDT

Don't let them use the mini implants.There is a considerable history of failures with them
saddlesore

Postby Swede » 01 29, 2019 •  [Post 5]

Thanks Saddlesore. My missing teeth are on the bottom. I will go in knowing more than what I did for sure. I wonder why the dentist never tells us these things. I was told nothing other than I should schedule to have implants before my upper teeth move downward into the cavity left by removing my lower teeth.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 01 29, 2019 •  [Post 6]

My father-in-law was a DDS: He use to say there isn't a dentist in the world that can out do what God originally gave us "
And as a dentist he also said "all us dentist do is screw up what is already there"

Those fake opioids just aren't the same as the real thing :lol:
Hope for a quick recovery!!!
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby saddlesore » 01 29, 2019 •  [Post 7]

Swede wrote:Thanks Saddlesore. My missing teeth are on the bottom. I will go in knowing more than what I did for sure. I wonder why the dentist never tells us these things. I was told nothing other than I should schedule to have implants before my upper teeth move downward into the cavity left by removing my lower teeth.

More important is the bone loss of where those lower teeth that gets pulled. An implant will supposedly stop that.

My teeth have gone bad because of the severe acid reflux I have.One day,they just break off at he gum line. It' s true nothing can be like your original chompers,but they do go bad and one has to get something in there,or start eating every thing after you run it thru a blender.
These dentist are making a killing now pushing these implants.

You see these ads about locking down dentures with implants so they don't fall out. Having the lower or upper teeth all pulled, at least four implants put in to lock the dentures will run a person $20,000to $25,000.They don't advertise that.
saddlesore

Postby Swede » 01 29, 2019 •  [Post 8]

At $20,000-$25,000 my diet will change. Breakfast - oatmeal mush. Lunch - cream of wheat. Dinner - hominy grits and apple sauce. Where is the blender in case I want to eat an apple or some carrots? :D
I would guess that all of the guys and gals bragging on their implants got them free. I must be as good looking as those jerks are. Do you think they will give me the implants? NO - Pass the mush, please.
Swede

Postby saddlesore » 01 29, 2019 •  [Post 9]

I don't know if dental insurance will cover implants. Most likely it is people who get good insurance thru their employer.
saddlesore

Postby Swede » 01 29, 2019 •  [Post 10]

I have dental insurance. I think it covers everything in the dental visit except for the things they do while I am seated in they dental chair/recliner. During that period I am on my own.
Swede

Postby Lefty » 01 29, 2019 •  [Post 11]

Saddle sore: I had severe acid reflux.
For a while I was having sever side pain the would fold me over.
Mine was an easy cure. It did take time. No eating hours before bedtime, raised the head of my bed 3 inches and Prilosec for 8 years.

I just need to be careful and to limit how much I eat at a time, and limit ascitic fruits and fruit juices,
Lefty

Postby Fridaythe13th » 01 30, 2019 •  [Post 12]

Not to scare you boys, but my dad had acid reflux and heartburn everyday he kept going to mayo clinic they finally checked his heart out, 2 arteries were more than 85% plugged, put a couple of stints in and the heartburn was gone.
Fridaythe13th

First Name: Eric
Last Name: S

Postby saddlesore » 01 30, 2019 •  [Post 13]

Fridaythe13th wrote:Not to scare you boys, but my dad had acid reflux and heartburn everyday he kept going to mayo clinic they finally checked his heart out, 2 arteries were more than 85% plugged, put a couple of stints in and the heartburn was gone.

Already had my heart checked as those were symptoms common to esophagus spasms that felt like heart problems.Had all the test including endoscopes, tubes and sensors down my nose/throat attached to my esophagus
saddlesore

Postby Lefty » 01 31, 2019 •  [Post 14]

saddlesore wrote:
Fridaythe13th wrote:Not to scare you boys, but my dad had acid reflux and heartburn everyday he kept going to mayo clinic they finally checked his heart out, 2 arteries were more than 85% plugged, put a couple of stints in and the heartburn was gone.

Already had my heart checked as those were symptoms common to esophagus spasms that felt like heart problems.Had all the test including endoscopes, tubes and sensors down my nose/throat attached to my esophagus

My doc ran a bunch of tests after my brother passed heart seems pretty good.

I had the endoscopes Isnt that fun :roll:
A strict diet, no carbonated drinks, the raised end of my bed, different diet and Prilosec ,.. for 7 years. now no problems I can eat a jar of habanero pepper,. no problems with my gut,.. but hot going out :o
Lefty